Quote:

Coach P,Saw where you modified the data, but what about the other question about the trends that you see?

Bear, sorry, I was pressed for time this afternoon and only got to make the correction before I had to leave the computer. When I said the trends are interesting, this was just an observance and not any criticism or judgement of any club or person. But here are some of the things I saw:

- There seems to be a trend towards the "big two" clubs whereas, in 2006, many referred to the "big three".
- CESA continues to dominate but the gap between 1st and 2nd has narrowed just a little each of the past 2 years.
- The top 5 clubs seem to consistently take 25-26 of the 32 total spots while, with a couple of 1-team exceptions, the other spots seem to vary from year-to-year among another 10 or so clubs. The exceptions are teams that are aging out this year but have made the Final Four each of the past 3 years (DSC 90B and SC Bulls/NASC 90G).
- Clubs in the Midstate have made gains in the number of Final Four spots. Here is the breakdown (again, assuming I haven't made another error):

District--Fall 2006--Fall 2007--Fall 2008
==============================
Piedmont--15--15--13
Midstate--9--12--13
Coastal--8--5--6
==============================

For reference, the list of clubs in each SCYSA District can be found here .