Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
M
brace
brace
M
Congrats to the CUFC Elite 91 team for putting on an impressive display against a very talented CESA Premier 91 team today! Back to back Premier League East wins, runner up in an outstanding 2007 final vs. CESA, and a solid win today for a team which won the title as U13's was obviously an exciting moment.

Congratulations for to both teams for bringing outstanding competition to SC soccer!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
Truth #111252 12/15/08 03:21 AM
H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

I would just like to know what it is.

No, you have no interest at all in it. You're just being an ass. Your posts are utterly transparent equivalents of "neener, neener, neener, we're better than you!" Grow the hell up. Or at least pretend to have a modicum of class.

Nighty Night.

H
goal
goal
H
Manchester

Thanks (on behalf of my son!) Same to you and yours. You guys (CESA U-16) are very impressive. Isn't it fun when a team just clicks. See you on the trail.

M
brace
brace
M
HappyDaddy,

You are so right about watching a team that "just clicks". When it happens, particularly against outstanding opponents, you really do appreciate why soccer is called the beautiful game.

Truth #111255 12/15/08 03:43 AM
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

If I am not mistaken, they were in four of the eight finals and didn't have a team in the U-18 final four.

You are mistaken CUFC U18 Girls played CESA U18 Premier at 2:30 (CESA 3 CUFC 0)....and just to mention it (not that it matters) there are 2 Columbia players on the CESA U-18 team.

To answer your question as to why CUFC did not and has not had more state champion teams...that is simple! The CUFC teams simply did not do what it took to win the game(s). That's it plain and simple! it certainly isn't because they are not great athletes, or well trained, or that there is some "flaw" in the CUFC (or any other club) system.

Now on to the HS Season!

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
C
Coach
Coach
C
Call it Highlander syndrome...there can be only one. Or at least, one per level/gender/age group per year.

You can have two absolutely fantastic teams, evenly matched, evenly skilled, evenly coached, evenly developed, evenly conditioned...regardless, due to fate, chance, momentary distraction, injury, unforeseen circumstance, intangible variables, or just plain inescapable math, one of them will NOT come home as champions. Not sure that constitutes cause to question the system that fields that team.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
bench
bench
S
Girls U16 BFA 1 CESA 0
They won in the first OT
Back to Back Championships..Good Job!!

Any truth to the rumor BFA may not apply to play Premier next year??

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Quote:

I would just like to know what it is.

No, you have no interest at all in it. You're just being an ass. Your posts are utterly transparent equivalents of "neener, neener, neener, we're better than you!" Grow the hell up. Or at least pretend to have a modicum of class.

Nighty Night.

Wow! Thanks for calling me an ass and then telling ME to grow up and have class. I'm not allowed to ask questions that you don't like? I even complimented your son's team. I really wasn't trying to change your happiness, as you said. I guess by asking sincere questions, I did that anyway. Sorry.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Quote:

If I am not mistaken, they were in four of the eight finals and didn't have a team in the U-18 final four.

You are mistaken CUFC U18 Girls played CESA U18 Premier at 2:30 (CESA 3 CUFC 0)....and just to mention it (not that it matters) there are 2 Columbia players on the CESA U-18 team.

To answer your question as to why CUFC did not and has not had more state champion teams...that is simple! The CUFC teams simply did not do what it took to win the game(s). That's it plain and simple! it certainly isn't because they are not great athletes, or well trained, or that there is some "flaw" in the CUFC (or any other club) system.

Now on to the HS Season!

Sorry, I meant the U-18 Boys age group. The girls had a good year. I agree that the players I have seen at CUFC are great athletes and are probably great kids. All I am saying is that if everything else is as even as Coach Chass said, and it is just a matter of one team wins and the other doesn't, then the law of averages says that CUFC should win more than they do and CESA should win less. There must be another reason and why the number of titles is relatively low.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Actually, there are 3 players from the Columbia area on the CESA U-18 team.

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard