Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
world cup
world cup
Wando was hit fairly hard by graduation last year. I know they're still very good, and I know that their JV has been undefeated for the past two years.....but moving them from #1 to #2 is not exactly kicking them to the curb. They still win the lowerstate title!

Mauldin is deep, experienced, battle-tested (and their goalkeeper chalked up two clean sheets in her two matches at the CESA combine yesterday). Very impressive.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
I'm told Irmo will start 8 underclassman and look to be in a bit of a rebuilding mode. Give them time, but don't expect too much early on.

I've also been told that Hurst "can paint his head or wear a wig, but the wig is the best choice".

world cup
world cup
Fort Mill will start 11 underclassmen, and feature a new coach.

I guess we can call that "rebuilding".

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
That must have been the junior keeper for Mauldin as the senior keeper has decided not to play in college and didn't play club ball this past fall. I believe the keeper you saw is being recruited by CofC, NC State, Clemson and many others.

C
bench
bench
C
Should be an interesting year at Lexington. We lost 10 to graduation and 3 seniors decided not to play. That leaves us with 9 returners. As we move to the lower state and an 8 team region, it should be very interesting. I'm just glad South Aiken is not in our region. They gave us fits last year. I also coached in club at CUFC and saw all the talent at Dutch Fork and Irmo (not to mention North Augusta and Aiken.

S
goal
goal
S
Who is the keeper at Wando this year?

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Should be an interesting year at Lexington. We lost 10 to graduation and 3 seniors decided not to play. That leaves us with 9 returners. As we move to the lower state and an 8 team region, it should be very interesting. I'm just glad South Aiken is not in our region. They gave us fits last year. I also coached in club at CUFC and saw all the talent at Dutch Fork and Irmo (not to mention North Augusta and Aiken.

Thanks Chris. Lex has always been type of team and play we admired the most. Glad your back.

brace
brace
Quote:

That must have been the junior keeper for Mauldin as the senior keeper has decided not to play in college and didn't play club ball this past fall. I believe the keeper you saw is being recruited by CofC, NC State, Clemson and many others.

As an observer, that young lady from Mauldin really stood out. She is exceptionally trained, eye contact and focus was off the planet. I was really impressed with her fundamentals.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
throw in
throw in
They will have two - Amelia henderson and Maddie McLendon

Amelia played for the Bridge U-16 Gold that won SCYSA State cup. Maddie played for the Bridge U-17 Gold that won the Orange Classic tourney in Fort Lauderdale. Henderson was the back-up to Jade Davis last year. McLendon anchored the JV team l the past two seasons. Should be a battle for starting position.

throw in
throw in
Would have to pretty much agree with your top five. With the number of quality players that both Dutch Fork and Mauldin return, I think it is a toss up. Despite winning back-to-back chamionships, I see Wando at third at best. No real senior leadership (not sure if they will have more than 1 or 2 seniors playing), goalkeeping is questionable, but they are in a weak region. Hopefully a more competitive non-region schedule will help. Several holes to fill with the graduation and leadership of Urig and Hudson and the loss of GK Jade Davis to IMG.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard