Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#112005 01/11/09 10:05 PM
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Does anyone know the reason why MPSC will no longer be in control of the development program? Why is the town taking over?

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
It appears the new Rec. Director is flexing his muscles. I don't know any of the details.

M
kick off
kick off
M
The developmental program has a lot of kids/teams. These teams volunteer/participate in the big pig tournament that MPSC hosts in the spring every year. This is the moneymaker for the club, the club has power because of their money, control the money/developmental, control the club.

A
throw in
throw in
A
It is my understanding as of this Spring, there will be no parent volunteer commitment required. Which may call into question if the Piggly Wiggly can be held.

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Who made that decision? Did the club agree with this? I agree with Arsenal2 that you can't hold a tournament of that size without a huge number of volunteers.

Four volunteer hours per child were required at one tournament each year or there was a $100 volunteer opt out fee (to cover the hiring of someone to work the tournament). I think this was also a little money maker for the club. Is MPSC in danger of falling apart?

A
throw in
throw in
A
The head of the Rec. Department made the decision. I doubt the club agreed to this, as you said it's a huge money maker for MPSC. Seems there is some type of situation between the town and the club.

corner kick
corner kick
This could be bad, a power struggle of some sort, or good, a set up that puts the Mt. P club sort of where it was before the merger. Taking back the Dev program into the Rec Dept. may allow for MPSC to consider negotiations with Bridge and run as the more "elite" "club" in Mount Pleasant instead of as a whole sport off-shoot from the Rec. Dept.

Whichever it is though, it does leave the PigWig Shootout in limbo because I'm pretty sure there's no way they could pay or get enough volunteers from outside the organisation to put it on.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
F
goal kick
goal kick
F
My understanding is the Rec. Director has allowed MPSC to continue and request/require parents of the devlopment teams to works as volunteers for this years Pig. The tourney is on this year, but there was some white knuckle moments.

corner kick
corner kick
Maybe, just maybe....Jeremy was doing a better job than people thought. To an "outsider" like me it looks like those who had "alternative motives" have won again.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
I think most people knew that Jeremy was top notch. He was good at so many things - training, managing and coaching. He related well with all of the kids and most of their parents.

I was most impressed with his strides to get underprivledged kids involved with soccer (travel soccer not just rec.) He spent alot of time working on this and I believe MPSC was much better for it. Ya, MPSC's loss is Savanah's gain.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard