Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

Quote:

I think dribbling a soccer ball would be counted as a skill...combined with running would make it the latter.

Like turning left four times ....

... or is that twice?

brace
brace
I believe the testing was very informative. Short 10 yard, longer 20 yard, then 20 with ball. When compared, it shows you how much a player slows down while dribbling, or if they don't. How would you interpret a kid who dribbled and ran faster than they just ran? I know one who did. I think that's notable. And so did the people doing the timing.

I remember reading that Mia Hamm always said that she could dribble faster than just run because of the extra adrenaline.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
brace
Quote:

so girls were told how many times they could touch the ball?
so you could play long touches and maybe only have two cover that distance compared to someone that may of kept the ball close so no one could get it and took 5 touches to cover the distance?
i guess what i a trying to figure out was this just a speed trial or was it judged on skill and speed?

I believe that they were told they had to touch it three times minimum. That keeps kids from just blasting the ball and running after it. Every kid I say dribbled and sprinted just like they would in a game.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I believe the testing was very informative. Short 10 yard, longer 20 yard, then 20 with ball. When compared, it shows you how much a player slows down while dribbling, or if they don't. How would you interpret a kid who dribbled and ran faster than they just ran? I know one who did. I think that's notable. And so did the people doing the timing.

I remember reading that Mia Hamm always said that she could dribble faster than just run because of the extra adrenaline.

they did both? with and without the ball.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

And when you place a defender in front of said individual?

This type of stuff is so funny. So over-rated. So over-analyzed. So over-praised. So Silly.

PS: As for the MH comment ... Puhhleeezzzz!!! You ever seriously dribbled a soccer ball in your life??? (She may have siad it, but ...)

brace
brace
Well, the kid that won the 20 yard with ball scored in the game afterward with a defender in front of her (for a while) and then had an assist. It might make sense that a kid who is fast on the ball might be able to score on a defender. That's kind of how it works out sometimes.

A
bench
bench
A
Quote:

10 yard without, 20 yard without, 20 yard with ball, standing vertical jump, and approach vertical jump.

These are all great tests for soccer...i am glad to see they used shorter sprints for to test acceleration...i know how hard it is to pull these tests off in large groups. would be nice to make time to have an ACL screening for the girls testing (atleast have it available for those who wanted to take advantage of it)...there are a couple of field tests you could do on the girls to ID "at risk" athletes.

overall, i am glad these girls had a chance to test. good idea CESA...

H
brace
brace
H
some of the parents told me there was one test where they jumped on some type of pad? i assume it was for vertical leap?

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

And when you place a defender in front of said individual?

This type of stuff is so funny. So over-rated. So over-analyzed. So over-praised. So Silly.

PS: As for the MH comment ... Puhhleeezzzz!!! You ever seriously dribbled a soccer ball in your life??? (She may have siad it, but ...)

You're calling Mia Hamm a liar because you don't like the drill!?!?! What are you going to do for an encore, stomp on the American flag?

Of course these drills are over analytical. Have you heard the stuff they make you do for NFL combines? It's borderline ridiculous...but if it can give you any sort of edge I guess it's worth it.

brace
brace
Quote:

some of the parents told me there was one test where they jumped on some type of pad? i assume it was for vertical leap?

It was for the approach vertical jump (versus the standing vert. jump). It seemed as if they were timing the amount of time from liftoff on the pad until they hit back down versus a true heighth reach.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard