Quote:

The other part of the question was college.... there are numerous SC players (men and women) who played/are playing in college.
Look at the recent signings by College of Charleston men's program as an example. Whether they can get to the next level usually depends on the player

Yes, there are many kids from SC who go on to play college. But, I still stand by my statement that the vast majority of kids playing today do not go on to play in college. That is probably true of every state in the country though. Someone else can do the stats, but if you take how many seniors playing HS soccer this year, and then compare that to the number of freshman that will be added to college teams next year...let's face it...the MAJORITY of those seniors will NOT be playing college soccer. Hey if I'm wrong, and 51% of the seniors playing soccer at SC High Schools go on to play next year, I'll come on here and admit I am wrong.

My question to the OP is this...should the SC soccer program's number one focus be to focus only on the kids who have the talent to play in college?