Quote:

Here is a list from the link below. If you scroll down to the reader comments you will see the list I copied from. I do not see the reader comment listing Mike Gustavan - Aiken,SC/USC- who I saw on Fox Soccer Channel was recently released from the San Jose Earthquakes. Not sure of his status as of now. I'm sure there may be others.

Palmetto Pro Soccer Players

Temoc Suarez: Mt. P/ UNC/ Dallas Burn, and several other USL/USISL teams

Troy Lesesne: Columbia/ CofC/ Charleston Battery/ CofC Assistant Coach

Ben Hollingsworth: Mt. P/ SMU & CofC/ Charleston Battery, and I know he went overseas on trial to Macabi Tel Aviv

Brady Bryant: Columbia/ U of Mobile/ Charlotte Eagles, Wilmington Hammerheads, and one year of minor league arena football

Anthony Stovall: Columbia/ USC/ Cleveland City Stars, Charlotte Eagles

Jason Hotchkin: Greenville/ na/ Cleveland City Stars, New Jersey Ironmen (MISL), other MISL clubs and one or two years overseas

Hunter Gilstrap: Lexington/ Clemson & CofC/ Maritzburg United (Absa Premiership- South Africa), Cleveland City Stars, Miami FC

Thanks soccer63 and soccer watcher for your relevant responses and the material that you dug up. I definately think there is still a ton of chances to get even more players not only into college but further their soccer careers to what we may consider "pros" around here.Soccer watcher i think you dissected that definition pretty well referring to pros being anyone paid to play soccer and i possibly could add that spends or devotes more of their time to this as well as about 80% of his income is derived from the same employment. Well if we were in europe the definition would be more precise..i guess..lol.

Taking onto the next question in the original post,considering the observations above and maybe several others that may not have been voiced on here,assuming we have a genuine "tri-effort"(Player,coach and parent working together),what keeping in mind our knowledge of the status quo, can be done to magnify the numbers of players that successfully graduate from one level to the next i.e club ->College,College ->Proffessional or semi proffessional. I sure hope this is not complicated as the first post.lol.PS:We can start of tackling the situation hypothetically if need be.
Well lets share some ideas.