That was a well thought out and genuine reply and I appreciate it. It did bring up a few other questions though.

My first question deals with the what you brought up as the inherent advantages of a school like Wando that has 2500 kids versus a SCISA school like Ashley Hall. You made reference to Ashley Hall not having an established soccer coach and that most of the skill level came from players that play on club teams. How then do you account for a school like Hilton Head Prep that has half the girls in it's upperschool that Ashley Hall has, and is now on their 3rd coach in 5 years, but they still manage to be the class of SCISA year in and year out? There are no high level club teams on Hilton Head as the best players go to Charleston, Savannah and even Atlanta to play on clubs. They also have to split the private school talent with Hilton Head Christian and the public school talent with Hilton Head High (which won the 3A state title last year) and Bluffton High which is rated in the 3A state poll this year.

I also disagree with the premise that the "true" soccer players want to leave a great academic institution like Ashley Hall to go play at soccer powers like Wando and Bishop England because of their reputation. If that were the case, I don't think you would be seeing the kids transferring out of Wando and enrolling at Pinewood the way they have. Pinewood has turned into a soccer power in all of South Carolina in just a year or two. The transfer of a few kids from Wando has turned Pinewood into one of the top 5 teams in all of South Carolina public or private. I think kids would much rather transfer from a Wando or Summerville or Berkeley to a Pinewood or Ashley Hall or Porter Gaud than the other way around.