Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Well, I tought this might be the only bump in Wando's road to an undefeated season. BE has always given Wando a hard time, but they breezed through. Playing in a weak region and scheduling two very average NC high schools should mean an undefeated regular season.

Are you insinuating Wando plays an easy schedule to remain undefeated???

Define "average NC high schools".

Wando also played TL Hanna, BE, Waccamaw, Greenbrier, GA and Parkview, GA (the best team I've seen all year). Wando participates in the Viking Cup playing the best teams in the state. Coach's cannot control region play, and Coach Champ does an excellent job scheduling competitive games outside their region.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Mauldin 5
Boiling Springs 0

It took Mauldin some time to figure out the novel BS defense with all 10 players sprinting upfield most times Mauldin had the ball.

Goals; Boswell; Withey; Brennan; Caroline Smith; Taylor
Assists; Boswell; Brennan; Withey;

corner kick
corner kick
I'm pretty sure that Wando played two Georgia teams. I know Parkview was ranked #1 preseason in 5A Georgia ball, but I don't know what Greenbrier's ranking is or was. Wando won both games.

The NC games haven't even been played yet.

Last edited by adidaskitten86; 04/23/09 02:40 PM.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
R
throw in
throw in
R
Hillcrest 1
Byrnes 1

Byrnes wins in PKs 3-2

world cup
world cup
Parkview (GA) is a monster....great win for Wando.

TC Roberson (NC) is an excellent team, but I don't think they are as good this year as they were last year (not Wando's fault).

I don't think Wando ducks anyone.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Hillcrest 1
Byrnes 1

Byrnes wins in PKs 3-2

so does this set the four teams from R2 in the playoffs?

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
I took a quick look and here is what we have:

Byrnes is 3-4 in region and has Dorman, Mauldin, and Boiling Springs left. Assuming no upsets it is reasonable to assume they finish 4-6.

Hillcrest is 2-4 and has Dorman, Mauldin twice, and Spartanburg left.

Although still possible, it will take an incredible effort by Hillcrest to move past Byrnes for that final spot.

But wouldn't it be a great story if they did!

throw in
throw in
Let me say I have followed and have supported Wando for a lot of years, dating back to the Coach Ferguson years.

What I meant was that with the remaining weak region schedule(yes no fault of Wando, just region they are assigned to - I agree) and that the two NC schools are average this year. TC Roberson and Coach Wilcher are not as good as years past (I believe he coached in the national HS All-Star game a few years ago here in Charleston).

The win over Parkview was big. I know their history. Year in and year out, not only one of the strongest teams in GA (with their share of state championships), but in the Southeast. Solidly beating BE gives the East Cooper bragging rights to Wando.

Is Wando good enough to repeat? They are a VERY good side, but have they played, game in and game out, as tough a schedule as some of the other top teams in SC? Where in the state tournament will they face a comparable team? Lower state finals? or state finals?

Two questions for someone to answer:
1. has any 4-A girls team gone unbeaten in winning a state championship?
2. Has any girls 4-A team won three conesecutive state titles?

brace
brace
Mr. Hurst:

You hold legendary status in our household, right behind the almost accurate prognostications of Ryan Roseberry and the twins, CJ and DJ. When you answer the phone after three rings, its service. When you answer it after two rings, its good service. When you answer it after one ring, it is excellent service, but...

When you answer it before it rings......I would have expected you to sense that Hilton Head was playing or smell it as you drove down or something...With the title "Legend" comes responsibility.....

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Here you go, knock yourself out...

http://www.schsl.org/2007/pf%2007%20Soccer%20Girls.pdf

It looks like the answer to your two questions is no.

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard