The answer to all of this seems very clear to me and would resolve any biased issues that everyone appears to have.

We already have an arena where the "higher level" players, throughout the state, can come together and play with and against other high level players, ODP. This arena also allows players to play and where clubs do not feel threatened. There is also the ID2 option with US Club soccer.
Why start another program and confuse the player pool when we could spend all this, mostly negative, energy on supporting ODP/ID2 and/or help make it a better program.

Those of you who choose to drive your children all over the state and country trying to reach your, your child's, goals may be better spent on using that driving time having your child practicing and studying more. I think you will see more windows of opportunity open in front of you, rather than running all over the place in search of it. If we all had the children/young adults practice as much as you drive I think we would see the talent pool rise in SC. You could also use the money you save in gas and hotels to find your self a quality individual trainer. To many people fall for the we need to get on this band wagon or we will loose out.

Just some thoughts.....