Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
C
Coach
Coach
C
Absolutely and completely agree with that quote. I'm fairly confident that if it was done according to the Constitution, the probation was handed down with the understanding that there could be no preseason, mid-season tournaments, or post-season competition for the state title for the duration of the probation, which is one calendar year. I don't think anyone foresaw at that point that the season would be moved back and put the next playoffs outside the probation duration, and the League is bound to go by the letter of the law rather than the intent of the law if the two contradict.

Just an all-around interesting situation, but it takes things like this to get people to examine the laws as they are written and possibly modify them accordingly.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
Brace
Brace
S
At this point it all comes down to what the region AD's say about this. I think it is obvious what Hilton Head thinks. I have heard Battery Creek says let them play. N. Chas, Stall, what say you?

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

At this point it all comes down to what the region AD's say about this.

Not sure I follow. What the region AD's say doesn't matter. The sun rises and sets with the SCHSL.

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Why is it obvious what Hilton Head thinks? If you are going by my comments (and I have no say in the matter), you had better review my earlier posts.

Quote:

At the risk of attracting the attention of any witty commentators, I'll go ahead and add that Coach Cook has done a remarkable job of instilling discipline and respect in his team and players. I realize that much good can be overshadowed and even undone by one bad incident (and the incident was bad), but soccer2103's point making broad assumptions based on limited facts is valid and admirable.

Lastly, with all due respect to Coach Cook and his acceptance of the penalty, I'm going to go ahead and say unequivocably that the decision by the SCHSL was just wrong. If the SCHSL wants to "send a strong message", then first identify the problem (if any), then tailor the message to address the problem, and then "send a strong message". Mr. Greene's wreckless and ignorant comment that "we have more problems with soccer than any other sport" demonstrate that the action by SCHSL was a knee-jerk reaction that is not based in fact, sound reasoning or any probability that a problem will be remedied.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Simply put, this is a travesty for the teams in that region that played by the rules and didn't assault a referee or others. The League just needs to amend their "Constitution" on the fly like they do everything else and prolong this suspension through the playoffs. Otherwise, why have any policies at all? The League has lost its status as a governing body through shoddy leadership and poor legal advice. If you want to do something, then just sue the League, because they don't have the money to fight anymore or the power to enforce. And, if Coach Cook really wants to send a message to his coaching peers, fellow region members, the League, and more importantly - to his team - then he will opt to sit out the playoffs this spring and congratulate his team on a "good year".

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
S
Brace
Brace
S
SCHSL is leaving it up to the region to seed Blufton. From my understanding, that decision goes to the AD's of that region, not the coaches.

I am not basing my comments on any post on scsoccer but by personal insight. As they cannot compete for the #1 seed, it will either be #2,#4, or #5 with #5 being left out.

brace
brace
I see nothing wrong with the how Bluffton acted last year.

Hot N Ready - 5 Minutes or less.
S
Brace
Brace
S
Well, here's what's on this morning's paper regarding the situation. Looks like soccer2103 was right. The region ADs will decide where Bluffton gets seeded and if at all they go to the playoffs.............

http://www.islandpacket.com/1483/story/829022.html

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
S
Brace
Brace
S
Coach Cook any idea when a final decision will be made? We have to make travel arrangements

throw in
throw in
Bauer for governor! Hahaha that's great!

Yeah!! HAHA
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard