Must be Carroll Campbell's son Mike Campbell in disguise

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
I'm sorry, but this is getting comical. From the Island Packet article:

Quote:

Hazel said the Bobcats will be eligible for the top seed despite having no chance of being called the region champions, but the Region 8-AAA athletics directors -- who have the final vote -- could elect to not award them a top seed. They could also vote to keep them out of the playoffs completely, ...

As I understand Roger Hazel's comments in the newspaper, the league's (SCHSL) hands are tied and they cannot bar Bluffton from the playoffs, but the region (a subgroup formed and controlled by the league) can. I am not certain what is more troublesome, the lack of control or leadership by the league or the thought that the region ADs have the authority to subjectively remove a team from the playoffs. If the league itself is limited by its Constitution on the penalty (see Coach Chass' quotation of the relevant portions of the Constitution above), then it would seem that the entities formed by and under the league (the regions) would have no more authority.

On the other hand, there does not appear to be anything prohibiting a team or school from participating in a post-season tournament.

I don't think that Bluffton or the actions of any past or present players are the issue anymore. The league needs to get its affairs in order.

Lastly (because I have far too many posts on this topic), the sequence of events reported in the Island Packet seem off. According to the Bluffton Today preview of the Bluffton High soccer team on March 11, Coach Cook knew that they might be allowed to participate in the playoffs.

http://npaper-wehaa.com/bluffton-today;see-DGTsF7Gk7ThTWDyv#c-189949;page-1

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
We all need to secede and form a new league: SCHSL WAC - South Carolina High School League With A Clue

Goal
Goal
I assume you all have thought the SCHSL wasn't a joke since it's inception...that Roger Hazel is not a joke and cares about all sports equally...I suppose you thought that Jerome Singleton was not some token lapdog who is just there to pick up a very, very, VERY heavy paycheck...You're all now surprised when they come out with a decision (or should it be in-decision such as this?).

Jokes on you and the rest of this sport. It takes one meeting/one conversation with these people to see where their heads are at and you'll never be surprised again. They are clueless and spineless individuals who would rather not discuss things with you than do the jobs that they were hired to do. Let's remember that these boobs are ridiculously over-paid to support you and your interests, regardless of your sport whether it be football, soccer, or track.

You've "trusted" the top time and time again to make the right decision and they fail you just as school boards/state lawmakers/CEO's and the like are failing across this state and country. There should only be one question left to ask:

What are you going to do about it?

Last edited by shut^&play; 04/29/09 04:37 PM.
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

What are you going to do about it?

You should youtube this whole speech and add some great melodramatic music in the background. Do some flashing letters and maybe some Rage Against the Machine music as your last line lingers. Then and only then would you truly motivate coaches with this compelling and heart felt post

Goal
Goal
Quote:

You should youtube this whole speech and add some great melodramatic music in the background. Do some flashing letters and maybe some Rage Against the Machine music as your last line lingers. Then and only then would you truly motivate coaches with this compelling and heart felt post

Hey... I can do that

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
throw in
throw in
Hey its Dale...i didn't know this was the girls message board!

Laces out DAN!!!
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

Hey... I can do that

HTP, on a separate note I've seen your work and any project you take on would be high quality. How much would it take to move you about an hour down I-20?

Goal
Goal
Heartfelt?

To be honest with you the answer is: Nothing.

There's strength in numbers. As far as Roger and Jerome are concerned the HS Soccer community consists of 4-5 coaches who do everything and the rest they just have to deal with. We're such a joke to them that we've become an annoyance (not unlike your online persona). They complain about our sport being the highest in injuries, ejections and confrontations yet we have low coach participation and can barely fund our all-star games. Their counter-argument to our argument against their inability to do anything correctly is simple: Who are you?

I don't know how you've wandered over to the big boys forum, I figured you'd be discussing whether special sally will play next year or which bib you're going to wear to warm up your players with next match. Blue was cute. Go with that.

You may go now.

World Cup
World Cup
Focus. Your obsession is getting out of hand. We're here to clean up the SCHSL and those fried brain cells from college are starting to show. You left those days behind, remember?

In all honesty, sorry to hear about your recent subtraction

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard