Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Brace
Brace
Chief,

My take, even with the injuries, FM would only have two losses (NW) if, as a team (= ALL OF THEM), worked as hard as NW, Clover, or NF every game, game in and game out. They do have heart but heart sometimes can't compete with determination and tenacity.

brace
brace
Quote:

Chief,

My take, even with the injuries, FM would only have two losses (NW) if, as a team (= ALL OF THEM), worked as hard as NW, Clover, or NF every game, game in and game out. They do have heart but heart sometimes can't compete with determination and tenacity.

I quite agree with that, in fact the save at the end by Shawn was nothing more than pure determination to deny any goal!
Yes if they worked harder as a TEAM I think we would see more sucess for them. That said I think we do not sub enough and some boys play to long (not saying anything about quality of anyones play) and begin to make what my old coach used to call "tired legs and lungs" mistakes. The depth FMHS has is not used enouh on the field. I would like to see more rotation of players.
Using the last NWHS game as support for my point, after NHWS scored the second goal we quickly rotated in two "more offensive" players and were able to pressure them enough to get that PK. IMHO ad we continued to rotate in players we would have faired better.
I would submit that no team we play subs less than us and that in every game we had a close finish some of our defenders have look tired down the stretch and only sweeper and mid play has saved them.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Chief,

Did Fort Mill defeat Clover on the 28th?

brace
brace
Yes 1-0 but it was close the end. The small field Clover plays on gives them a nice home-field advantage as it allows them to play closer and allows them to recover from mistakes more quickly.

Please do not take this to mean that the CHS boys are not good as they are! Ask Rock Hill who they just beat (and Rock Hill just beat Spring Valley)

Last edited by The Chief; 04/30/09 06:40 PM.
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Yes 1-0 but it was close the end. The small field Clover plays on gives them a nice home-field advantage as it allows them to play closer and allows them to recover from mistakes more quickly.

Please do not take this to mean that the CHS boys are not good as they are! Ask Rock Hill who they just beat (and Rock Hill just beat Spring Valley)

They must have come out fired up after the loss to Blythewood.

B
bench
bench
B
I think as far as surprises you have to mention Airport on this thread. This is a team who won 4 regular season matches last year and has 11 this year with two remaining. They have not lost by more than 2 goals in all their matches and have been in every match.

Joga Bonito
S
goal
goal
S
Um, maybe the #1 ranked 3-A team in the state (J.L. Mann) losing to an unranked team (Travlers Rest) wow.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Wren has benefitted no doubt from a weak region but at the same time have played up as needed for better competition. With 14 seniors this group relies on the total understanding of each players limits. No matter when the season ends it has been a special season as well as the enjoyment level of watching these young men play.

I
bench
bench
I
Quote:

How about little Indian Land?

I agree with Warrior15. Although having somewhat of a weak schedule, they have beaten very talented teams like Clover, Andrew Jackson, and Greenville Tech. I think they could have a good run in the playoffs this year.

Goal
Goal
Eau Claire Boys

How can you not say anything good about Coach T? He has taken a school and has started a program and is slowly developing them. Last year, they scored 4 goals and had 105 scored on them. The GA went down by almost 40% this season and the GF rose by about 600%. Since there are some stat hounds out there, you know that is impressive. Plus, they never give up and they play with class.

I know that one is always looked at by W-L for consideration for honors of coach of the year, etc. but you tell me one coach that would've said, "Eau Claire has an opening??? I'm putting in for a transfer."

Hats off to you Coach T (sorry, can barely spell your last name and definitely can't pronounce it). You deserve it! This guy realizes that it is a marathon and not a sprint.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard