Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
R
throw in
throw in
R
Bebe and Coach.Come on here. What do you think these forums are supposed to be. Should we break out in to Kumbaya?

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Never said we should all agree - in fact this would be a boring forum if we did. Simply put - I respect and admire what CESA has done over the years - by the same token I respect and admire what Congaree Rapid have done over the years. They all have their place in the SC Club Soccer Eco-system. Just realize not everyone thinks like you, has a kid with the same goals as you, lives in a geographic area that affords their kids the same opportunities nor have the same economic status. Learn to appreciate that by far the vast majority of the clubs in this state want to promote the beautiful game and go about doing it in the way they think best. They are human and they do make mistakes along the way. We may not always agree nor like their way but maybe they have their reasons we may never understand.

Now the SCHSL is a different story all together. Ha!

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

Quote:

SC would get stronger with a promotion/relegation system.

How? Why?

Not disagreeing or agreeing, just interested in how you arrived at this conclusion.

I personally don't think it would raise the level of soccer, but it would ensure that the top 2-3 teams always represent the state in PL, so it would improve the perception of SC soccer.

The only down side would be if there were two obviously dominant teams that would be the best PL representatives. With promotion/relegation, you would only have your best foot forward every other year.

So maybe reseeding is better

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Bebe and Coach.Come on here. What do you think these forums are supposed to be. Should we break out in to Kumbaya?

What, you mean stop taking potshots at each other, avoid negativity towards competitors, support progress and love for the game wherever it takes place, and actually have enough regard for each other to move toward common goals instead of tearing each other down for individual glory?

Pshaw. Rubbish. What could THAT possibly accomplish?

(Could someone pass the marshmallows, please?)

I've got good news and bad news...
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
How do other states pick their representatives?

From straight league play?
End of season playoffs? If so do they reseed?

Seems reseeding makes more sense to get the best teams there.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Coach,
I bet you can't play dodgeball at Berkeley can you. I like competition,so you can go play the Buddah somewhere else.

You're a nice guy from what I can tell and you care about your players, but you obviously don't want any part of the uglier side of soccer and it is there. That's cool but I don't need your enlightened musings . We're in two different soccer worlds. I don't see how CESA is slowing the progress of the game down any the way they are doing it. You can have my marhmallows.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I like dodgeball. I like competition. I also like respecting my competitors off the field while doing my best to kick their butts and keep ours from getting kicked while on it. There's a sideline for a reason...you leave the competition on the field side and act like colleagues/fellow athletes on the other side. The "uglier side of soccer" isn't really soccer at all...it's the people on the periphery who can't model on the sideline the sportsmanship we expect on the field. I don't think CESA is slowing the progress of the game at all, for the record...they are doing great things for soccer...as are many other clubs. CESA isn't the problem...people trying to tear down the competition instead of make it better so they have more of a challenge to rise to...that's the problem.

Now then, if you really want to invoke my competitive side, here it is...if my "enlightened musings" offend you so much, tough. Deal with it. I don't write for your benefit, and my choices of what to say and where to say it don't revolve around your personal tastes. I'll play Buddah right here from time to time, if that's what you want to call it. If you don't need it, you can either ignore it, take your ball and go home, or come try to move me.

Berkeley High School.
406 West Main St. in Moncks Corner.

Let me know when you're coming...we'll set up a dodgeball game. But for someone who claims to like competition, you seem awfully quick to tell anyone who challenges you to go away and leave you alone.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Now you went and done it...Ticked off the coach..
Back on the net and ready to watch Parker beat on his chest while yelling We're the Best..

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 05/14/09 04:28 AM.
C
Coach
Coach
C
More bemused than ticked, CHT. I just wonder if that kind of posturing actually works at home.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The apple does not fall far from the tree..Probably does work there..Someone's nurturing it..

Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard