I like dodgeball. I like competition. I also like respecting my competitors off the field while doing my best to kick their butts and keep ours from getting kicked while on it. There's a sideline for a reason...you leave the competition on the field side and act like colleagues/fellow athletes on the other side. The "uglier side of soccer" isn't really soccer at all...it's the people on the periphery who can't model on the sideline the sportsmanship we expect on the field. I don't think CESA is slowing the progress of the game at all, for the record...they are doing great things for soccer...as are many other clubs. CESA isn't the problem...people trying to tear down the competition instead of make it better so they have more of a challenge to rise to...that's the problem.

Now then, if you really want to invoke my competitive side, here it is...if my "enlightened musings" offend you so much, tough. Deal with it. I don't write for your benefit, and my choices of what to say and where to say it don't revolve around your personal tastes. I'll play Buddah right here from time to time, if that's what you want to call it. If you don't need it, you can either ignore it, take your ball and go home, or come try to move me.

Berkeley High School.
406 West Main St. in Moncks Corner.

Let me know when you're coming...we'll set up a dodgeball game. But for someone who claims to like competition, you seem awfully quick to tell anyone who challenges you to go away and leave you alone.