Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
I
goal
goal
I
to follow CHT,
"Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing."

"You really don't know what your true potential is until you've pushed yourself beyond your limits. You have to fail a couple of times to really find how far you can go."

Leave it on the field folks...

C
Goal
Goal
C
U 13 Boys

DISA over LCSC
CESA over CUFC

U14 Boys

MPSC over BFA
CESA over everyone

throw in
throw in
Quote:

How do they do it in England? Here is an answer I found

"The league below the English Premier League is called the Coca-Cola Championship. The Championship has 24 teams in the league where 3 go up to the Premier League and 3 go down to League 1. The teams which finish 1st and 2nd go up and so do 1 of the teams in the play offs, which is between 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th."

Not sure who this is worked out in playoffs but I would guess they use a bye week to get to 4 teams and last of 3,4,5,6 standing moves up. (I could be wrong, as my wife often points out to me!)

Chief, great observation there.Not quite sure any other system would work right for soccer wherever one is located on planet earth other than the promotion/relegation system for extremely competative leagues.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Good luck to all the teams this weekend..Play your hearts out and leave it all on the field..
Something to chew on..
" If I were to wish for anything,I should not wish for wealth or power,but for the passionate sense of potential-for the eye which,ever young and ardent,sees the possible"

Very intelligent quote CHT.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SC would get stronger with a promotion/relegation system.

How? Why?

Not disagreeing or agreeing, just interested in how you arrived at this conclusion.

I personally don't think it would raise the level of soccer, but it would ensure that the top 2-3 teams always represent the state in PL, so it would improve the perception of SC soccer.

The only down side would be if there were two obviously dominant teams that would be the best PL representatives. With promotion/relegation, you would only have your best foot forward every other year.

So maybe reseeding is better

The simple reason it WILL make SC soccer stronger more kids will play the right level of competition. More uniform pressure to perform, not playing up and losing every match.

Unless you have been bred or played through the promotion/relegation system you might never quite know it's benefits. Simply put it cuts out alot of the nonsense we keep seeing on this board and churns out real soccer players.

Kickoff
Kickoff
Saturday Scores

U13 Boys
LCSC United 95 Boys White 1
DISA Lightning 2

CESA 95B Premier 4
Columbia United 95 Boys Elite 0

U14 Boys
MPSC 94 Elite 3
Bridge 94 Gold 2

CESA 94 Boys Premier 3
Columbia United 94 Elite Boys 1

U13 Girls
Columbia United 95 Elite 2
MPSC 96 Elite 1

CESA 95 Premier 1
LCSC 95 G 0

C
Goal
Goal
C
U13 Boys

DISA was up 1-0 and gave up a goal on a corner kick with less than a minute to go. DISA scored in the first OT and held on for the win.

S
throw in
throw in
S
U-14 Boys:
CESA 94 Premier - 2
MPSC 94 Elite - 0
Good game - better team won the day.
Both advance to R3PL.

Bridge FA lost third place to CUFC in PKs. Way to go CUFC!

S
bench
bench
S
CESA Claims 3 SCYSA Publix State Challenge Cup Championships

The CESA 94 Boys Premier and CESA 94 Girls Premier teams booked their tickets to the upcoming Southern Regional Championships in Dallas, Texas with convincing victories in the finals. The 94 Boys defeated MPSC 2-0 on the strength of goals by Austen Burnikel and Erik Clark. They won their Saturday semi final 3-1 against Columbia United Elite. The 94 Boys also qualified for a berth in the Region III Premier league East for the Fall 09 season.

The CESA 94 Girls Premier finished the season with a 5-0 win against Carolina FC. CESA jumped out to an early lead with goals from Martina Trenholm, Meaghan Carrigan and Mollie Waters. Second half goals from Kia Mattison and Chelsea Drennan made for a comfortable finals win.
The CESA 94 Girls Challenge team capped off a tremendous season by capturing third place after a hard fought 3-1 win over the SC Bulls Red.

In the Under 13 age bracket both the CESA 95 Girls and Boys Premier teams gained automatic berths in the Spring 2010 Region III Premier League East after semi final wins on Saturday. The 95 Girls defeated Lexington 1-0 and the 95 Boys cruised to a 4-0 win against Columbia United Elite.
The 95 Girls Premier were beaten 3-1 by Columbia United Elite in the final, while the 95 Boys won 2-1 in a thrilling match against Daniel Island. CESA fell behind 1-0 and rallied in the 2nd half behind an unstoppable bending free kick from Austin Rackley which evened the match. Grayson Raynor scored the game winner after racing in to head the ball over the Daniel Island goalkeeper.

L
throw in
throw in
L
Just to stir the pot..... Cup championship totals by Club from the SCYSA Website..... u-9 rec to Challenge

CESA 4

CUFC 4

JIYSC 4

MPSC 2

LCSC 2

FYSC 1

FSSG 1

UPFC 1

CASA 1

FSA 1

SAFC 1

CFC 1

LTSC 1

UUSC 1

Don't care that MPSC and CESA do not play rec and academy!!
Clinton
JIYSC 98 Luna-Chicks

Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard