Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20
L
Goal
Goal
L
a2, you don't have a clue. must have been a dream. u should stop hanging w/belli.

A
bench
bench
A
Take the time to read the literature and attend the appropriate National Youth Licenses courses and you will find out why it is not appropriate for players below 11 to play in State Cup events. This material is gathered from youth and sports psychologists, but what do they know....looks like you all have it figured out

goal
goal
parker/mak - NO NO NO....for the record (and i have specifically mentioned this before) i do not dislike cesa. have nothing against them. for the most part, i have nothing but respect for what they've done. i am all for increasing the level of soccer in this state as a WHOLE. obviously, cesa has done more than their share of this.

what i do dislike are people who get on here and preach of the infallibility of cesa; and that if you aren't doing it "our" way (read: the cesa way), then you are doing it the "wrong" way.

loc dog has made it very clear he cares nothing about anybody in the rest of the state - he is all about cesa. THAT is the kind of attitude i have a problem with.

just recently, reccos hammered people for talking about winning "so-called 'State Championship' at U9-U12" but then he turned around and cited cesa's accomplishments from u13 on. all i did was ask why the change at u13? what's so important about that age? he responded that that is the age you qualify for r3pl. so, logically (in my mind, at least), the question is why do you go from not caring about winning "pre-u13" to all of a sudden caring about winning? like i said, it seemed like a logical progression of questions. and, i am NOT questioning why cesa does any of this - and you jumped in the middle, so i am questioning what yours and reccos' interpretation of this is. please read this again so you understand what i am and am not saying.

when you said "Matt Brophy had been a coach at CESA for many years. Looks like a good move for him as it appears he has better teams that [sic] when at CESA..." you are correct, you were NOT hammering anyone - i figured you must have bumped your head because you seemed to suggest the guy made the smart choice by leaving cesa. i mean, things that make sense are what they are, but that has never stopped you from arguing against, prior to now. i have never seen you post anything to imply that cesa was not the best at everything they've ever done. so, for you to suggest that this guy leaving cesa to coach elsewhere was a smart move - well, that is difficult for me to grasp.

to repeat, and for clarification purposes, i am NOT against cesa. i AM against the self-righteous and the haters of the world.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
My two cents on the magic of U13/R3PL.

Until you have played in the PL, it is hard to understand the level of competition it provides on a constant basis. Having to go out there and battle at that level every week IS about development. I would put out there that, for top players, it is the best way they can develop.

There is a caveat. Much like a sport such as tennis, if you are playing against a player so much better than you that you cannot return a ball, you won't get better. But if you can be competitive, not win, but compete each and every game, there is no doubt in my mind that the players in PL improve, develop and learn the physical, mental and technical skill required to compete at a top level.

Prior to the availability of PL, some clubs decide that playing for championships adds value while others don't. I don't think either is right or wrong. But, at least to me, once PL is available, striving to play and compete at that level should be the main goal of any top team.

JAK #120395 05/21/09 02:16 PM
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Belli - Before I say anything derogatory towards you regarding your ability to communicate I am going to give you an opportunity to go back and read this thread.

Your goal; Find comments of mine where I cited the accomplishments of CESA from u13 on.

While you are at it, you may want to point out to me where I 'hammered people'.

I am waiting.

goal
goal
jak, i agree completely regarding your comments on competition, but in addition to pl, now there is also the u.s. soccer development academy.

goal
goal
Quotes:

"Comments like this justifies a club's decision not to play Rec. & Academy 'State Cups'!!"

"Why anyone would place so much emphasis on winning a so-called 'State Championship' at U9-U12 is beyond me."

so, maybe "hammer" was a little strong

R
throw in
throw in
R
Reccos
You beat me to it.I was the one that brought up the 13s and the reason I did that was because I was trying to show that despite CESA not putting their players in U9-12 cups that their success at the U13 level showed that development was taking place. I said this because I knew that someone like arsenal 2 would post something like this, which by the way has to be one of the dumber pots I have ever seen on this board.This type of attitude bugs me. CESA only wins because they recruit- look at the younger ages- CESA only wants the academy players for money. Come on.

goal
goal
reccos, sorry if i attributed anything to you incorrectly. when you, parker/mak, loc dog and others get going, all your posts start to sound alike. my bad - i've never had an issue admitting when i was wrong. you heard it here first (just don't tell my wife - she'll want the same)

goal
goal
and parker/mak, i don't believe I'VE said anything about money or recruiting (not saying you were saying i was - just wanted to throw that out there)

Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard