Quote:

Quote:

I was refering to the girls side, the boys side will happen, it has to happen to keep the "academy" status. The girls side doesn't seem to be a priority. This is not a dig at anyone, I don't support CESA, but I would hope that CESA would support this new club on the girls side. Isn't it open to any girl from any club?

I'm not sure why you would think CESA should support SCUFC. A CESA premier team player will go to better tournaments, be gauranteed to be in the National League group at those tournaments, and play for $100. Why would they need to join a supplemental team for a fee so that they MIGHT get into the 3rd or 4th bracket at CASL?

Better tournaments in Spring during high school season and Summer, but CESA Premier players will apparently attend no tournaments of any kind during the fall. I could see the interest of some CESA U-17 players hooking up with some of their ODP and high school teammates for a Fall showcase during those first 4 months that D1 schools can officially contact prospects, and I've seen a good number of D-1 coaches at CASL 3rd and 4th bracket games. Some of CESA's Challenge Team players are also on ODP teams and may have an interest.

From a perspective of individual CESA players taking advantage of a few showcase opportunities that would not conflict with club committments (similar to guest playing?), rather than a perspective of CESA, the club, officially endorsing a SCUFC program (probably not going to happen)... yeah, I could see where there may be some interest amongst the players.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/19/09 07:42 PM.