Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
brace
brace
Quote:

http://www.islandpacket.com/hhh/story/846865.html

"And the third goal, that won't happen again for thirty years." It won't have to. I love the quiet confidence and execution of the Lady Thoroughbreds and their DJ.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
throw in
throw in
Quote:

Mauldin 2
Hanna 0

The seats were reasonably full and the respective Hanna and Mauldin fans were relatively intermingled both sitting in the same stands. The Hanna High school students sat immediately behind the Mauldin High School students. The boys soccer team is getting a bad rap each side cheered and clapped the game and booed the ref as is normal in this sport and I was not aware of any crowd problems, which would detract from a hotly contested game.

I thought I would mention this first since my last overview of Wednesdays Ridge View game elicited many subjective comments about Mauldin Boys Soccer team behavior and nothing about the game.

The first half was fast paced, hard but fair neither side could gain a real advantage. Both sides came close to scoring, and a terrific shot from Hanna’s Morgan Cutts hit the cross bar, however, the soccer was kick and rush. Mauldin has a terrific passing game but it was not in evidence. As the game progressed in the second half Mauldin got the edge on the game, an excellent pass from Gracie Boswell found Sarah Shaidle unmarked well inside the penalty area and SC player of the year Sarah doesn’t miss those type of chances. Almost on full time, another Boswell pass to Taylor Carter in a goalmouth scramble saw the subsequent shot bounce up and down in the goal. From our position, it was not clear if the ball crossed the line but the Assistant Referee signaled a goal and the referee pointed to the center circle. It is worth mentioning that at the end of this game I saw the players from opposing teams hugging each other.

I thought the refereeing was poor, this from a referee who normally calls a good game. He started early by giving a yellow card for a challenge, which looked quite fair, then followed some erratic decisions. Why for instance call a foul after a girl protects her chest and the ball hits her hand. From the free kick and in the penalty area he ignored a raised hand, which deflected the flight of the ball. Also throughout this season, there has been a trend to ignore foul throws. Last nights game was no exception.

Mauldin:
Goals: Shaidle; Carter
Assists: Boswell 2.

Last edited by 1977; 05/16/09 02:00 PM.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Quote:

Eyes...barely...functioning...

Time to wash off the Bug Repellent and hit the bead. Girls played great tonight.

Coach was better than average too ....

Way to go, Coach Young and SA--No Fear!!

I've got good news and bad news...
World Cup
World Cup
Did anyone know there is an invention that allows your ipod to be blasted from a set of small speakers? For nearly 7 hours I learned all about the Jonas Brothers, T-Pain, believing in "a thing called love", and Carrie Underwood. I am now sitting in a quiet room for the next 24 hours in order to recuperate. BUT...well worth it

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Wando 1, Lex Z-E-R-O

Best Sportsmanship award goes to Berkeley, WORST goes to Lexington! Lexington players did not shake hands with the Wando coach as they were introduced before the game. Lex coach stayed over at his bench and the Wando girls ran over to him and each shook his hand.

2 cents, Lex had 12 players on the field the entire second half of the game...the center ref (12th)....so quit yer whining and move on!

Some teams do not know to shake the other coaches hand before the game. It is actually not as common as you may think. It is quite a stretch to call it "bad sportsmanship."

L
throw in
throw in
L
Quote:

Did anyone know there is an invention that allows your ipod to be blasted from a set of small speakers? For nearly 7 hours I learned all about the Jonas Brothers, T-Pain, believing in "a thing called love", and Carrie Underwood. I am now sitting in a quiet room for the next 24 hours in order to recuperate. BUT...well worth it

Hmmm, you must be older than I think! I will scan for gray hair next time I see you!

C
Coach
Coach
C
Ooh...you need a sensory deprivation tank for a while after that lineup. I've learned the hard way that the warmup music that gets ME going before a game just results in "Coooaach! Change the music! What IS this?!?"

Keeper and I are going for Disturbed (I always thought "Indestructible" pretty much said it all); most of them are going for Disney Stars On Crack...

I've got good news and bad news...
L
throw in
throw in
L
Quote:

Can we get a play-by-play on S. Aiken/Hilton Head? Congrats S. Aiken!

Coach Young gave you the basics but I can add a bit. First of all it was an amazing match and both teams played at 100% The speed of this game was as high as I have seen in any top flight club ball. All of the girls waxed and waned as they got tired but all stepped it up to keep it 100%. It was too bad somebody had to lose (but I am glad SAHS won ). For the match some interesting stats. Fouls were even, corners to South Aiken, SOG even although SAHS took more shots, no offsides by either team. Both SAHS keepers were scored on with strong HHHS attacks. SAHS pressed with numerous attacks. HHHS played very aggressively and very physical. SAHS played very fast and with good team play. Like I said, an amazing match, very high quality soccer.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
First, Got to give props! Congrats to Coach Young and the Lady Thoroughbreds!
Swansea 0
MB 4
Calls were theirs. Game starts off with Pk in the first 3 minutes on a terrible call in the box. My sweeper made a clean play for the ball (and came away with the ball) then was called with a foul. A couple of offsides calls against us that the official did not see the sweeper standing next to the keeper. There was a deliberate hand ball in the box that their girl slapped down when their keeper was down-no call. However, they are a good team. But we kept the game moving with lots of ebb and flow, but our team's effort was thwarted by offials' calls throughout the game. MB scoerd in the last ten when I let all my seniors finish the game.
Just hate that our hard work was not fairly treated in the end(that's soccer these days). I consider MB as our equal. Congrats to them and moving on to the semi's. If we play ten games, we win 5 they win 5. I am a firm believer that this will continue to refine our team and make us better in the future. I love this game and love our team. Good season ladies!!!!!!!

Last edited by Meredith; 05/16/09 02:53 PM.
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Some teams do not know to shake the other coaches hand before the game. It is actually not as common as you may think. It is quite a stretch to call it "bad sportsmanship."

Spare the BS. Lexington is not a team that does not know to shake hands with the opposing coach before the game. 4 years of HS games @ 20+ games a year and NEVER was there a time players did not shake the coach's hands on both teams. It is quite a stretch to say "it is actually not as common as you may think". Someone did those a girls a disservice to promote that kind of behavior.

Not a factor in the game anyway and I wouldn't have mentioned it if 2cents didn't feel the need to put the dig in on the predictions. It's time to let the grudge go.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard