Quote:

I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one. Like someone just said, Irmo's pitch is quality and playing at Memorial is definately a downgrade. Not as much as it is for NW though. And you are right about the seating situation. It has more seats, but I will bet anything it will be packed out.

Irmo's field in the past has been garbage. Their AD/football coach likes to run downhill so it will always have that football crown and the touchlines usually are dirt due to that's where the football players stand during the game. It's pretty narrow too for today's high school soccer standards. It looked better this year from some pictures I saw posted on here with the Barbie blonds running all over it.

I haven't seen Northwestern's new field but remember the red clay of Rock Hill vividly from years ago. That place was a dump. I hear the new place is really nice (just like that awesome program they have up there now).

Memorial gets a bad wrap but it's a good high school facility. Kind of reminds me of old Sirrine Stadium in Greenville. Richland School District One has put a lot of money into the remodeling of that entire athletic facility in Rosewood and I don't see where it will be a problem tomorrow night.

Now if only Dreher could get some decent Blue Devil teams to return to playing on that pitch!

50th for a reason!