We keep talking about the keeper as if she is the "victim" in this or any similar matchup--the assumption seems to be that in a 50-50 situation, the keeper has the right to go to the ball and possess it, and the attacking player has a duty to retreat to allow her to do so without contact. You talk about the "helpless" keeper, but I think this is a faulty assumption; in my experience, a well-trained keeper going after a loose ball is anything but "helpless." In the case of this video, the keeper went in knees-first with her body upright and exposed, and did not take a stance to protect herself from impact. In many cases, though, it's the keeper who controls the moment and point of impact, and the forward who ends up doing unplanned acrobatics.

Here's an alternate situation: an attacking player gets a breakaway and is dribbling in fast on a 1v1 with the keeper. To prevent the easy shot, the keeper waits for a slightly longer touch, charges out and meets her at about the PK spot, slides to ground with her body between ball and goal and wraps the ball up right in front of the forward's foot. The forward can't stop in time, contacts the ball at the keeper's midsection, trips, and face-plants in the grass.

Did the keeper commit a foul, or was she going after a ball that wasn't under control? Did the forward commit a foul for not pulling back to avoid the keeper as soon as she began her charge, since it was obvious where the keeper was going? Was it a great save, or should there be a card and a PK awarded?

I've got good news and bad news...