Quote:

Why not just have a single day that all of the clubs post their roster, about a week after the last tryout date? This would eliminate the need for early decision making, too. By the way, some clubs do want to have a decision on the day of the last tryout, and in my case, a club asked for a decision on the day of the second tryout of three. They didn't even tell me what team I would be on. By the way, the team that made me decide on the second day of tryouts was NOT CESA. In fact, because the coach forced me to make this decision, I quickly declined the spot on the team that he didn't even tell me if I had made. This is also a small part of the reason that I went with CESA, who were very courteous and told me to consider all of my options before joining.

The simple answer to this whole thread is money. Clubs want the best players they can get to form the best teams they can becasue that will in turn draw in more players and more money. A club can not form team of say 15 players and then have 4 players say well I got offer from another club so never mind.
I think we all know at some point a club must draw line and say in order to have team we must know who is commiting so we can make a team. This is one place where little leauge has got soccer beat hands down. The assignment of "areas" to leauges makes it simple for players to know where they should play. You play in your leauge, or have to get permission to play in another leauge (not easy to do), now maybe that fact that far fewer people are making a living (or significant income) off little leauge players has somthing to do with this but "soccer club" vs "little leauge" setup does seem to be in stark contrast. (oh and do not get me wrong I KNOW LLBB has many major flaws just seems thier player rostering/assignmet works much better)