this is just what i think.

Altidore went from a much slower en physical MLS to a ligue where you have the most skilled players in the world, it was going to take prob another 5 years for him to be at the same level as most of the south american attacking players on la liga.

The transition from MLS to La liga is just too much I think, maybe playing a little for some small teams in England, then going to Spain would have been a little better.

Developing a winning main or the other one?

How about developing a professional mind since kids?

Like I said, if you have a premier team focused on "winning" but the kid knows he would have to move somewhere else to make it pro, then that is not really going to create great players.

The American player is too focused on EPL, they dont even watch mls, dont know anything on South American soccer which is another powerhouse with Brazil and Argentina out there.

The few Americans that cannot make it to EPL, La Liga, Il Calcio, or Bundesliga should be looking at Boca, River, Sao Paolo or Corinthians instead of going to crappy teams in Denmark.

Why not going to Mexican soccer? Clubs like America or Cruz Azul pay great and they go to Copa Libertadores every year to chanllenge South American big clubs.

the american kid that can afford it, should def go to camps with Milan, Madrid, Barca, ManU and real clubs around the world, also to south america to experience real soccer environment.

the american that cant afford traveling to europe, or south american should at least try to make it to DC United Games or even the Battery.

Most Americans just know how difficult is going to be making pro even in their own country, not to mention making it in other countries where soccer has much more tradition and is culturally a religion.

If I was 16, in high school and I knew I had some skill, I would be talking already to USL, PDL and even MLS assistant coaches already at the same time I talk to college coaches.

I should be already getting info on how to get a european agent if my dream is to go to try out to europe and I need somebody to fund my trip.

I dont think the best idea would be move to europe bc is not as easy as it sounds but yes, going out there to try out and finding out how the whole thing works would be great, sp if you parents have the money for you to do it.

Club of the century.