Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Marcus,

Love the avatar, love your schtick....great stuff.
"MF Hopkins" is Lower Richland, right? Gotta hit that Food Lion across the street.

The Chief has his own tribe going man, think of it as a "splinter posse" of Jacket Nation.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Hurst,

They say "pride comes before the fall", well I've spent so much time fallen over I figure I might aa well put the pride out there! Afterall I've already done the falls.

Jacket Nation I like it but in this thread I will give props to NFHS and Clover too because the club players from those three schools are part of the Fort Mill area club family. Not to mention quite a few NC players since so many of our players crossing the border to play.

Thing is I can't come up with a good "Northern York" slogan

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Chief,

Why don't you just call it "York County" and invite Discoveries and all the Rock Hill high schools to come into the tee pee as well.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Sounds great but there seem to be too many different parts of county who would rather beat each other with peace pipe!

If were only so easy, just imagine the teams that could be put together and then we could likely get back some players who have left for "other" clubs.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Inter Catawba Futbol Club

http://intercatawbafutbolclub.org/

New kid in town, not really Fort Mill, sort of down the road and across the lake. Serving Lake Wylie and Clover.

kick off
kick off
While all 3 clubs listed above did start in Fort Mill, they did merge last year to form one great club, Palmetto United FC.

www.palmettounitedfc.com

Discoveries is not interested in merging, just absorbing...

brace
brace
Ok now we just need York and Hickory Grove to form a Club, then maybe Bullock Creek and McConnels and we will have everyone in the county under club coverage!

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Discoveries is not interested in merging, just absorbing...

Sounds like someone else here in the midlands

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

All three of these clubs have a Fort Mill address:

http://www.carolinaselectsc.com/

http://www.upperpalmettofc.com/

http://www.indianlandsoccerclub.com//index.cfm

The town is really not that big. We have one Wal-Mart and three sanctioned youth soccer clubs!

Wow.

The last thing you want is no competition. Competition is healthy for all businesses.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Competition is good for soccer consumers. Inter Catawba has a good-sized pool of kids from the local rec programs, access to four fields and a passionate bunch of parents that want to get things rolling.

Still plenty of other options close by for the LW/Clover community with Discoveries, Palmetto United, Steele Creek and Gaston United.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard