Just curious as to the thoughts as to the naming of the U15 team from the "new" Bridge.

Are teams considered Premier even if they don't play in RSPL. I can understand that CESA calls their U13 and under teams Premier at times, because it is their top team in that age group before they are eligible for R3PL play.

But curious as to how many other Clubs have labeled a team as Premier when they are playing in the SCYSA Challenge League.

I know one of the reasons I heard repeatedly as to why some parents wanted to play there is because the team was going to be a Premier team. I asked one parent if they knew what R3PL was and she gave me a blank stare. Said that all she knew was they told her it would be a premier team and that was where her daughter was going to play because she wanted her daughter playing premier. (Also overheard another player tell some of her friends she was going to play for them because the coaches told her they could guarantee her a college scholarship.

I really don't want for my post to sound so pessimistic about these girls, but I do wonder about naming a team premier, when they are not playing in a premier league.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Last edited by tigers87; 06/04/09 07:05 PM.