I was referring to this statement. NOTE - I have not found anywhere a reference to a change in SCYSA schedule.

Quote:

I can tell you for a fact that a few Teams have been notified that 2nd round if the teams make it will be moved to the weekend of the 19th and 20th

sorry for posting the 21-22 earlier still looking at November

So State cup being moved to accommodate one club is fair? The club being accommodated is playing in a non-USYSA sanctioned tournament.
1- I am all for exposure and challenge
2- I have had the experience before

So if (for example) FSCG sharks had scheduled a tournament on the weekend of the state cup, you believe SCYSA would move it to accommodate them? My beef is with SCYSA...

I see changes where done to first round dates to accommodate CESA, teams agreed end of story. But to change state cup finals week is another thing. Note that the 18th - 20th is a RAINED OUT DATE.

I do not know where you guys are from but things are not as equal as you may think they are. I can tell you for a fact that clubs were severely chastised in the past ( and recently no less) for participating in non USYSA sanctioned tournaments. Clubs have been chastised for belonging to US Club Soccer, etc. Yet somehow I am the one against this? I am all for choice... equal opportunity to all... not just the privileged few. If the cup is moved for one club then it should be moved for any. What happens if it rains on the 19 and 20th?

Better yet there will be games being played on Tuesday for the first round. There is supposed to be lots of rain on Tuesday... if the game does not get played and since they cannot play during the weekend, I guess they have to agree to play during the week before state cup weekend... they have no choice not a lot of time to heal an injury.

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 11/27/09 01:40 AM.