Some more thoughts: Personally, I don't think cesa gets criticized for "bringing players in and playing in a watered down league" as you say. I think cesa gets criticized for "bringing players in, playing in a watered down league and then getting on here and bragging and pretending like nothing has changed (except for the "fact" that they think just keep getting better).

"If CESA could not compete with the SCU's academy teams why didn't they own those age groups before the academy." What? I think I know what you're trying to say, but there is no way you can compare "pre-Academy" teams to current rosters. Besides the fact that the Academy teams are made up of players who previously played at dozens of different clubs, the age requirements, as Big Daddy mentioned, are different. Apples and Potatoes.

Same thing for your comment about "the AFU's, AFC's, North Mecks." Try and compare "before" and "after" rosters – I don't think it can be done.

One issue you kool-aid drinkers don't seem to understand is that the emphasis is no longer just on winning and losing, but DEVELOPMENT. If you notice, it's actually in the name: Development Academy. Now, don't get me wrong here – I still love to win and hate to lose. Anybody who says different, for the most part, I think is not being honest with themselves.

But, the way the Academy is set up, it's not nearly as important as before. There is someone from US Soccer scouting EVERY Academy game. Just in case you're wondering, the schedule includes about 30 games. Each conference also has a full-time technical advisor. Our conference advisor, so far this season, has been to four SCUFC games AND four practices.

We are smack dab in the middle of the season, and at this very moment, there are 2 SCUFC players down at IMG for a week-long national camp. Given the location, what would you think might be the "prize" for performing well there?

If you're into the college numbers, US Soccer estimates that 85% of the 2007-08 Academy graduates went on to play soccer in college.

Is that objective enough?