Quote:

Quote:

Bridge and CUFC were formed to compete with CESA- it never happened with the exception of the 18s.

Never is a long time. A little history lesson for you, looking at the boys side.

A few years ago, CESA formed and swept the challenge state cups.
Bridge FA formed, and won the U18, U17, and U16 lost in overtime.
CUFC formed and more parity was added.
Bridge went academy.
CUFC/Bridge jointly in the academy.

CESA has the opportunity to sweep again. So, maybe it's just me looking at a bigger picture rather than a short sighted view and not understanding everything to be able to say that Brige and CUFC never competed with CESA.

There is a lot of information in this thread that is correct, and a lot of bickering.

Points I tend to agree with:
1) CESA needs to strongly consider joining the academy to remain effective for the top tier of play. The top tier is continuing to shift from USYS to the Academy.
2) College recruiting has/is shifting to Academy. Nothing new here, this was said a couple of years ago.
3) Options exist, and that is a good thing.

A trend that could be looked at. The initial U16 Bridge academy group had substantial success, the U18 not as much. Current U16 group is having substantial success, U18 group not as much. Maybe it's hard headed 18 year olds that are used to a certain way, and maybe there are other things. If there are no other consolidations/changes when this U16 academy group is the U18 group, maybe the success will continue.

Good post Bear.

I don't see the 16's falling apart. The core of that team has been together since Summerville days at what.....U9 or U10? Hyper talented, well coached, very successful. I would hope they would hang together and finish their run.