My personal belief is it depends on the player. If the player is on a classic level or rec team during club ball season then plays on a high school team that has a fair amount of challenge, premier and even USSF Academy team players one of two things will most likely happen during high school season - they will get better because they are seeing a higher caliber ball than they see during club season or they will get totally frustrated because the level is beyond them.

If the player is on a Premier or USSF Acadmey team chances are they will not get as much out of high school season because they are facing lesser competition than they do during club season. The only good thing that can come out of this is it allows them to work on skills they may have had a little trouble with during club season.

I would think it goes without argument that premier or USSF Academy teams in this state would have little trouble with most high school teams in this state with the exception of 3 or 4 top notch programs.

The bottom line is premier or academy teams in this state are pretty much made up of the best players from many high schools throughout the state. When these guys practice together(even though only 2 or 3 times a week) they are bound to get more out of it than 5 days a week against lower level competition. They are the best this state has to offer and they push each other to get better. If you've never seen an academy practice I can promise you it can be intense. There is no a way a classic level player is going to push an academy level player to get better during high school season. On the other hand it is possible for a premier/academy player to push a classic level player to get better.