In this case I humbly submit that it is not the Founding Fathers who need to be researched but rather the multitude of legal decisions and/or interpretations of our Founding Fathers handiwork that have been handed down and subsequently overturned or upheld by our courts over the years and the precedence or law which those decisions in turn establish.

Have you ever seen the "meeting at the middle" after a game? Or a "meet me at the flag pole" before school? As this relates to sporting events, various courts have ruled that: An individual student or group of students is free to pray at a game. To prevent this would violate the student(s) free speech rights.

Teachers, coaches, etc. cannot lead a group prayer. To do so would be viewed as school endorsement of a specific religion, which is unconstitutional under the principle of separation of church and state.

(Doe v. Santa Fe Independent School District, 168 F.3rd 806 [5th Cir. 1999]) prohibited school-sponsored student prayer activity at sporting events. School-sponsored student prayer is prohibited by the constitution; student-sponsored student prayer is free speech protected by the constitution.

Soooo- If my girls want to pray before games, I can not tell them no. I guess this makes my girls the rebels then… AHH!! But then again-not really since its perfectly ok for them to do it eh?

tk

Tony King