Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Brace
Brace
NP. Both coaches a little short as they have lost six players in three games due to some 'soft' officiating.

O
throw in
throw in
O
"A yellow card issued for conduct unbecoming a coach."
Officiating is an issue with every level of soccer. 1. A coach should recognize the environment their players are in and make adjustments to protect their players. 2. A coach should be in control of their emotions during a game. They represent their school and community. I have not read about any other coaches being issued a yellow for this particular reason. Props to the ref...and coaches: your players are as calm as you are. Be positive role models, protect your players, and learn as much as you can about the game you are coaching. The kids deserve better.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Riverside 3, JL Mann 2 in OT

corner kick
corner kick
*sigh* Some context here. The comment was phrased as such to be tongue-in-cheek. Unfortunately, it was not taken as such, plus my 20/400 vision betrayed me even further and I misidentified which coach it was, as well. The card was issued for the coach yelling onto the field, after her keeper went down injured, and as she made the substitution with the only able-bodied player she had left on the bench: (paraphrased) "After the match is over, I would like to still have a team, please!" A relatively mild comment, in my view, under the circumstances.

Doin' it the hard way...
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

"A yellow card issued for conduct unbecoming a coach."
Officiating is an issue with every level of soccer. 1. A coach should recognize the environment their players are in and make adjustments to protect their players. 2. A coach should be in control of their emotions during a game. They represent their school and community. I have not read about any other coaches being issued a yellow for this particular reason. Props to the ref...and coaches: your players are as calm as you are. Be positive role models, protect your players, and learn as much as you can about the game you are coaching. The kids deserve better.

I wonder what Bobby Knight would say about this??

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Hats off to Chris Nichols and the Christ Church Cavaliers for a hard fought game. Christ Church showed alot of heart and Coach Nichols does an outstanding job at Christ Church. We knew this would be a hard game. In life you learn your greatest lessons from mistakes. In sports you learn alot from losing. Our team learned alot tonight and we were fortunate enough to walk away with a win.

Looked like your coach pulled some of the starters after you gave up first goal, and held them out till the second half (yes/no ?). Looked like coach wasn't happy with the effort to start the game. Also trap game for Dorman after big win against Mauldin.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Bobby Knight was not coaching children. A person who is employed by a school district to work with, coach, teach children should conduct themselves as such.

J
bench
bench
J
Pickens 5
Highlands, NC 1

at Pickens

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
@ Memorial Stadium in Columbia

Dreher 3
Blythewood 2

(settled in PKs)

Last edited by live and learn; 03/19/10 02:32 AM.
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Some good games that we would like to see scores:

Eastside/Woodruff
South Aiken/Airport
White Knoll/Greenwood
Waccamaw/Myrtle Beach
Wando/Summerville

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard