the only reason why messi is the "best" in the world "right now" are.

1. kaka has been injured
2. ronaldo is adapting to a new team, new language and new style of soccer.

All of them: Kaka, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, and Fat Ronaldo were a lot more dominant for their teams when they won big games than messi has done for barcelona.

Eto may be the best african player ever, I think he may be better than George Weah, there is another great african player mentioned (i forgot the name) but I will stick to eto, his speed is amazing, not as fancy as fat ronaldo but still a great finisher.

Messi failed under Basile as well.

Ronaldinhos best year were at barca, he is just a marketing tool for ac milan right now.

Capello had problems at Madrid bc he didnt want to be a marketing tool, but with mourinho being the opposite, mourinho loves the media and the spotlights, to be specific mourinho has been saying he wants to coach madrid for a long long time, it seens like his dream would finally come true.

I personally believe Mourinho does better as an underdog, he had everything at Chelsea and he failed big time.

I do think Mourinho is a great coach but i will still prefer Capello over him, Ancelotti is another interesting fellow. Del Bosque could sign his star of greatness if he wins the world cup.

Club of the century.