One thing that needs to be understood, USDA is not in Columbia, but is based in Charleston. The name changed to SC United but it is still mostly Bridge, especially the younger team. Most of the practices last year were in Charleston with a some at BB&T and then Orangeburg at SC State. The practices in Charleston had to be moved from Charleston Southern on the North end of town to James Island. Not sure what they will do in the future. I guess it will depend on where most of the players come from. Most of the players from the previous year that returned were from the coast and hence practiced in Chas. The very successful U-17 team from Cola United that moved to Academy practiced in Cola most of the time.

I have to agree that SC may have a hard time getting another Academy team in the state based on population. But if you look at 1.infrastructure: facilities, full time coaches, # of kids playing in feeder programs(rec,select, etc) 2.success in state level play and premier league and 3. success in placing players at colleges and universities to play soccer, I find it hard to deny that they do not deserve to be considered (if they want to be). Maybe more so than the other Academy program in SC.