@ Westside

#3 TL Hanna 5
Westside 1

Halftime - TL Hanna 2 / Westside 1

TL Hanna wrapped up a perfect season in the region, and the region championship with a win over their crosstown rival, Westside. The Lady Jackets finish with a spotless 10-0 record in Region I-AAAA.

Westside scored their first ever varsity goal against TL Hanna in my 8 year tenure, and it was netted at the 31 minute mark by senior Danielle Boltin, for her 50th goal of the 2010 season!

Clean, hard-fought match by both sides. Hanna's class and depth showed through in the second half as they notched goals at the 55", 58" and 64" minute mark to put the match away. Many of these girls have played club together for the last 6 years, and though a rivalry match, there were a lot of hugs and long conversations still going well after the match ended.

Congratulations to Hanna coach Craig Joyner, who does a wonderful job with the Lady Jackets! And thanks to Radio himself, who graced the sidelines and truly made this game feel "Big Time"! I've enjoyed as classy a rivalry as their is (albeit one-sided) in girls soccer, and best of luck to all of your girls in the playoffs!

Ryan Roseberry
Westside Girls Soccer