Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
world cup
world cup
Clover's "big win" snaps Fort Mill streak
The (Rock Hill) Herald
May 5, 2010
by Barry Byers

http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/05/05/2143645/clovers-big-win-snaps-fort-mill.html

Better late than never. Dude must have been busy writing about that forward on the Northwestern boys team.

Does anybody even remember Fort Mill and Ridge View in the same region??? Wow, I think I had hair back then!

And scroll a little further down and you'll see that Caitlin and Courtney Selle (Tega Cay) from Westminster Catawba were named to the MAC All-Conference team.

A
kick off
kick off
A
Or he was busy writing about the Fort Mill club consolidation

I just think it is interesting that when Fort Mill beat Clover there was a big article on the front page, but when the reverse happens, no box score, the story is a week later, and it was barely even a story.

Not trying to hate, just calling it like I see it.

world cup
world cup
I think it's interesting that I've been telling people how good Clover is for the past 3 - 4 years and you've only gotten on the bandwagon in the past week. Where have you been?

For the record, I made the local media aware of the game twice last week (as you will recall, it was moved back a day due to rain). The Herald is stretched thin and obviously they couldn't make it out to the match.

No you're not hating......but I don't know if you are really being proactive to promote your cause!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Whats interesting is that they did have press coverage at the game...as one of the Clover players (daughter of a mutual friend of ours) was interviewed after the game.

As "stretched" as they may be....they had coverage...and didn't run the story for a week.

Bottom line in the YC, if we're talking soccer and ya ain't a Jacket or a Trojan, ya ain't squat.

goal kick
goal kick
Looks like things are about to change in YC!!

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
world cup
world cup
Quote:

Whats interesting is that they did have press coverage at the game...as one of the Clover players (daughter of a mutual friend of ours) was interviewed after the game.

As "stretched" as they may be....they had coverage...and didn't run the story for a week.

Bottom line in the YC, if we're talking soccer and ya ain't a Jacket or a Trojan, ya ain't squat.

Vain attempt by Big Daddy to get me to post the NaFo girls soccer story that ran in this week's Fort Mill Times.

Ain't gonna do it!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
world cup
world cup
Lady Blue Eagles swat Jackets; eye playoffs
The Clover Herald
May 5, 2010
by Gene Graham

http://www.enquirerherald.com/2010/05/05/1166033/lady-blue-eagles-swat-jackets.html

Here you go Daddy.....and all the Clover faithful. You guys are working me too hard here. A crafty internet search has revealed that there was local coverage of the Clover-FM match.

The (Rock Hill) Herald wasn't holding out on you, the game was covered by their little sister.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Nice try, but you can't jump from quoting and providing links to the daily Herald, to the weekly FM Times for crying out loud.

Its an awesome paper to check out whats on the lunch menu next week and see if some girl with the last name of Kid and the first name of Chief's made the GHMS A/B honor roll......but it doesn't exactly have the circulation or the breadth of readership of the Herald.

I subscribe to the Herald solely to read about Fort Mill sports losses and feel deprived and cheated when I don't get what I paid for.

Herald did a nice job on NaFo softball tho....

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Lady Blue Eagles swat Jackets; eye playoffs
The Clover Herald
May 5, 2010
by Gene Graham

http://www.enquirerherald.com/2010/05/05/1166033/lady-blue-eagles-swat-jackets.html

Here you go Daddy.....and all the Clover faithful. You guys are working me too hard here. A crafty internet search has revealed that there was local coverage of the Clover-FM match.

The (Rock Hill) Herald wasn't holding out on you, the game was covered by their little sister.

OMG......the deception continues!!! How can we read something called the Enguirer? Jeez Louise, at least give it the Philly spelling!!!!

Brace
Brace
Hurst has always wanted to start that SC HS sports mag. This could be the launch pad!

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard