When you stoop to a mean-spirited personal attack, your arguments have failed. TugJobber, you don’t have to read my posts, you don’t have to agree with me and you don’t have to like me. And that comment is not going to run me off.

I watched this message board for several years before making my first post. The concept is a great idea for sharing information, ideas and comments about soccer. However, I never imagined the venom and prejudice that would be spewed when I tried to support Bishop England. Perhaps I have done so from too zealous a viewpoint. In reviewing past postings I can’t find the same comprehensive attacks about any other school or frankly any other poster. Some told me not to “open a can of worms” by posting on this board. I mistakenly thought there would be reasonable debate, not low blows.

I am proud of my children and I chose to say so in a public forum. Others routinely discuss their favorite player and promote them on this board. The “girl’s high school” forum is about the girls. The Bishop England players have worked hard and diligently year in and year out. They are rarely discussed and even less so given credit for what they’ve done. Instead, they are labeled “cheaters” and “poor sports” in thinly veiled posts. I began my first post because I could no longer stand idly by and listen to the rhetoric without the sound of a defense. A few brave souls have stepped up to support me and I appreciate that. TugJobber you can say whatever you want about me, but don’t disparage the players because you’ve run out of ammunition.

So, in short, take cover TugJobber when you see my name, because there’s likely more a comin’.