Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
brace
brace
Playoff Update!
Add 2 more goals for JT and 2 more assists for David, not to mention another goal for region pick Kevin! Big players coming through in big games!

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Forgot to add JT was selected for North South game too!!

I like your idea we could use a system where each coach votes for say 8/12/12/4 (not allowed to vote for his team, and maybe say max two players per position per school) using a 1-8, 1-12, 1-4 point based being #1 pick is worth 8,12, or 4 pts. Top point getters are the all region players. If a school has no one on list then thier top point winner is an "Honerable Mention", in fact all players who got points could get that title, now we got more love being spread around and a solid team!

This would make a "real" all region team based on what region coaches saw and prevent us from having players who got picked for state level all star game but are not on all region team!

I would guess this might take some heat off of coaches who have to explain to little Billie's mom or dad why they did not pick thier child to be a all region player!

Legal Disclaimer: note Billie is not a real player and any use of this name is not meant to infer that someone named Billie was slighted or that his parents are mad at the coach!

Arrgggh!!! Why do we have to make this so complicated? This should not be a reward for being a good citizen, nor should it be a way of sharing the wealth. Its an all region team. The best players in the region. You shouldn't be eligible for All state if you weren't first All region. If coaches want to recognize certain players...do it at the awards banquet!!!

And why limit the number of players at a school, or the reverse....perhaps give them excess slots? 1 slot per school guaranteed....everything else is earned by the players and decided upon by the region coaches.

Last years NW team was limited to 5 kids right? Heck.....does anyone really think last years NW starting 11 shouldn't have been on there en masse? Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but not much.

brace
brace
Overall I think we are on same page I was just trying to leave an opening for getting players from all team in there. Would rather see top 22 in region picked period but you know the imperfect world would never let that happen so was trying to bridge gap. I totally agree the you get 5/4/3/2/1 system is not good, look we had player picked for all state game (by coaches outside region I believe) yet he miss out on all region "selection". (not blaming coaches either they are just working within the system as it exists, it is system that needs changed!)

Question how is it done in Football? Baseball, Basketball? Just wondering.

Brace
Brace
In agreement with Big Daddy and Chief (I know hard to believe!). Been a few years since our departure from So Cal but region/league picks were done by the coaches hammering it out in a room. Only guarantee was at least one player from each team. The other slots were up for grabs with coaches being very blunt with each other. In a few cases a coach hadn't nominated one of their players and other coaches challenged and sometimes getting that player recognized. Maybe the coaches themselves can recommend an alternative!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard