Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
throw in
throw in
M
I agree regarding most common opponents ranked lower however an argument could be made to the contrary elsewhere looking at the win/loss and scores (i.e. AM lost to W. Ashley and Brookland Cayce - BE defeated those teams, AM had close games with James Island 4-3 and Barnwell OT whereas BE defeated JI 6-0 and Barnwell 3-0).

In any event, the "upset" primarily refers to defeating a higher ranked team with a history of consecutive state championships including last year.

Hats off to Coach Bennage who did a good job with scheduling to position AM and a great job with preparing his team for playoffs. He better make sure they have their running shoes on when they go to Waccamaw on Monday. Good luck.... It would be a great way to end his coaching career.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Quote:

It was a sad day in Mudville.

IT WAS A GREAT DAY FOR THE REST OF THE STATE! DOWN GOES BE! DOWN GOES BE!

http://www.charlestonbattery.com/welcome.asp

Saw that the Battery play Pittsburgh Riverhounds tonight. Maybe you guys could get out of Mudville and check out the match since your schedule's pretty much cleared up for 2010?

Puttin A's on B's
M
bench
bench
M
The bottom line is simple. AM out played BE. All the other things do not matter. The future seems much brighter at AM. Most of AM starting players are freshman and sophmores. AM will be able to compete as easily with Waccamaw as BE would have. And one of the biggest differences is AM doesn't take anything for granted.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
My daughter is an AMHS player that has played with and against many of the BE players over the past 10+ years. I would like to compliment BE. Their girls handled themselves with class last night. Marta is correct that everyone brings their A game, when they play BE. What BE has accomplished by winning 8 straight state championships was remarkable and should be praised. I wish everyone would stop gloating over their loss last night.

I think it is hard to really compare schedules and like opponents as each team is very different. BE is a very veteran team led mainly by seniors and juniors. AMHS started 2 freshmen, 6 sophomores, and 3 seniors. Our bench is full of underclassmen. Most of the season, the coaches were moving our players around to find the right fits. The young lady (freshman) that scored all 3 goals started the season at sweeper. BE came into the season with a good idea of where their pieces fit. AMHS was and is a work in progress.

The game was exciting and well played. I thought the refs did a very good for the most part. I almost had a heart attack when the linesmen called our goalie for punting the ball "just" over the line with such little time left in the game. Thankfully, we survived that and the last 2 minutes (that went closer to 5 minutes) as BE put the press on.

Again, my hat is off to the Lady Bishops for what they accomplished over the last 8 seasons. They should be applauded for their accomplishments. People, please remember these are teenage girls.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

I agree regarding most common opponents ranked lower however an argument could be made to the contrary elsewhere looking at the win/loss and scores (i.e. AM lost to W. Ashley and Brookland Cayce - BE defeated those teams, AM had close games with James Island 4-3 and Barnwell OT whereas BE defeated JI 6-0 and Barnwell 3-0).

In any event, the "upset" primarily refers to defeating a higher ranked team with a history of consecutive state championships including last year.

Hats off to Coach Bennage who did a good job with scheduling to position AM and a great job with preparing his team for playoffs. He better make sure they have their running shoes on when they go to Waccamaw on Monday. Good luck.... It would be a great way to end his coaching career.

peel me a sour grape marta
big congrats to am

world cup
world cup
Quote:

I almost had a heart attack when the linesmen called our goalie for punting the ball "just" over the line with such little time left in the game.

Are you serious?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
M
throw in
throw in
M
Thank you Beachfan. I already knew Tugjobber was President of the BE Bashers Club. See my earlier posts. I just didn't know Sandman was in the club too.

I don't have any sour grapes Sandman, look in your pocket and peel your own.

The game is over. AM won which obviously means they played better mpheel. I don't think I've said anything but congratulations and good luck to AM. They are a great group of girls and as Beachfan stated, we know many of them and have played with them or against them for a long time.

I wish the AM program the best of luck in the future. End of story.

S
goal
goal
S
nobody likes the ny yankees for one rea$on

M
throw in
throw in
M
Quote:

Quote:

peel me a sour grape marta
big congrats to am

Postscript: I just want to clarify that when I said "good luck" to Coach Bennage I meant I hope they win and he ends his career with the best win possible (i.e. state championship). I certainly did not mean I hope his career ends against Waccamaw. I guess I should have said " A win would be a great way to end his coaching career." When I reread this I guess some could have taken it differently. My husband has worked with Coach Bennage and has the utmost respect for him. I have met him briefly and he seemed like a very nice gentleman and is obviously a good coach. Like I said, no sour grapes.

Last edited by Marta; 05/16/10 03:13 PM.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard