You can knock the process, but you can't knock the girls that made the team.

You can express your disappointment with 12 of the 18 girls selected being from just three teams......but let's take a look at those three teams. Sure the coaches of those three teams were present, but those three schools have been absoultely dominant this year. Actually, those three schools have been dominant for the past three years.

Wando, Mauldin and Dorman haven't lost to anybody else in the state.......except eachother. You can criticize them for not "sharing/spreading the wealth", but you can't criticize them for not selecting the best players.

Stratford, James Island, West Ashley, Lexington, Dutch Fork, Irmo, Aiken, White Knoll......I'm not dissing you, and congratulations on fine seasons, but the three best players that didn't make the 4A All-State team, all might play for the Big 3.

Becca Lisson (Wando), Sarrah Tuggle (Mauldin) and Becca Miller (Dorman) would all get my vote ahead of anyone else added to the team.

The system isn't perfect, it's not even close to perfect. If the "Columbia Crew" showed up for the meeting, I'm not sure their players should have been chosen based on them "kicking and screaming". Do we want politics to decide who gets these honors?

There's got to be a better way, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.