I will not complain about the girls who made the "All-State team". All of the girls nominated made a commitment to to their respective school programs to attend practices, train hard, and represent their schools in a professional manner. What makes me mad is you have coaches who for some reason did not make that same level of commitment to their team and players, or for the other teams and players in the region that they should have been representing. If for some reason a coach couldn't attend, find a replacement. I don't care if a coach was retiring, resigning or whatever.....they had a commitment that they failed to complete. If they wanted to be out of the picture, find a replacement who would atleast show up and represent the athletes nominated.
I'm just curious, but let me ask this, was a reminder sent out lastweek to all of the coaches on the commitee about the meeting? If so, a red flag should have went up when these coaches didn't respond. If they did respond, did anyone try contacting them by cell phone to see where they were?