Quote:

I think myself and others just don't understand how an All-State committee can pick an All-State team without committee members from ALL PARTS of the state... I am not talking about picking coaches to be involved and those coaches not showing up! But shouldn't each region (as recognized by the SCHSL) or each geographical region at least be represented! Why does one region get four coaching representatives, but another region get ZERO!!???!!!

I disagree! I think we all know that there are certain pockets of the state that are simply better at soccer than others. Why should a 50-goal scorer from Podunk High get an all-state player when the schedule they played in was sub-500 or their 'prestigious tourney title' was in the Lady Azalea/Chrysanthemum/Dogwood Classic?

Only players that achieve at the highest levels against the best competition should be all-state. There are other all-star teams -- i.e. All-Region, All-Area, etc. that should recognize the 'other' players, but not All-State.

As for those bashing the club aspect, though I agree a girl that plays for at an Academy or Premier level is an accomplished player, I still feel that girl should have to produce at the HS level in some very proficient manner. Maybe if she plays at a relatively weak school, that coach should feature their team in a better tourney to showcase his girl against the best teams -- i.e. the Viking Cup.

There seemed to be one nominee the last four years who has been awesome for her high school team, but never exposed (in four years) to high level outside-the-region competition. I put that on her coach as much as anything for not giving her the opportunity on a grander stage.

I don't think some regions (SCHSL or geographical) should have any representation at the meetings because they simply don't play the quality of soccer present elsewhere. It's just a fact. If those areas want to change their perception then it should be their duty to change the product.

You don't see Clemson or Carolina football getting All-Americans every year do you? Generally only when they out-excel the Alabamas, Florida States, Texas, Southern Cals of the gridiron world. Same is true for a lesser high school program. It should be earned, and oftentimes that means the entire program, not just the solo wonder-kid.

As another poster stated, "To the victor goes the spoils."

@chicagoredstars