Quote:

Quote:

The best teams have the best players..I can agree with that but if I take those four or five all staters and moved them to different teams..What then? They don't stand out so much now do they? Don't pick players based on their teams but on their ability to impact their team whether they are 25-0 or 14-14..

Devita did that on a relatively weak team an got POY. Mauldin had four players on Allstate in 2009 and Czar was not on the committee. Irmo got two last year and their coach was on the committee. I don't think they even made the play-offs. If they did they did not go far. Heck, Mauldin and Dorman probably had couple more that could have been selected.
Bottom line The Columbia coaches should have been there. What coach would vote for someone he or she has never seen play, over players of his/her own that are deserving? Anyone complaining on this site would do the very same thing if they were in the same situation.

FYI - Irmo DID make the playoffs last year, but ran into the Wando wall in the second round.The players selected last year were well deserving of that honor, as are the players this year! As far as I am aware, none of us on this post played one minute of one match! Until we do, let's hold our tounges and congratulate these fantastic athletes! There is a tremendous amount of talent out there that did not even receive a nomination. The players selected should be proud of their selection as should the players nominated. Congratulations to all these fine young ladies and good luck in the future!