Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
goal
goal
That's a new one; now I'm a typical website trolling fanatic. Awesome. And here I thought I was just plain belligerent. My status seems to have improved. Thanks! My sour mood is a thing of the past.

I agree with you; cesa does win in SCYSA when it counts. I have always felt the whole "recruiting" discussion was a little silly, so I really have no comment on any of that. And, yes, they do continue to win cups year after year.

And, oh yeah, they serve the best darn kool-aid on the planet.

brace
brace
Now do not take the web site fanatic part to hard, fact is I would guess anyone on here with 10 posts or more should qualify for that title (self included)!

As for the best kool-aid, well they have lost players over the years to other clubs so some people must not drink it all!

My gathering comment was not really about recruiting, but rather the fact that they get players from all over becasue other clubs are not fielding the teams that win, or for what ever other reason there is. If the other clubs kept the best players in thier home clubs they might give CESA a better run for the money (pun intended)

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Al,
Another great post. You've been on your A game here lately.

goal
goal
Loc, neither you nor I believe either of your comments; but I do wonder if you finally succumbed to the temptation at some point and drank the kool-aid you were giving the parents of your players, if you're trying to impress the big guys to stay in their good favor, or if they're actually telling you what to write and you just do what you're told.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Why did you take off Alfred E.? I liked that.

goal
goal
Bingo.

goal
goal
Goalstop and Chief,

Backscreen17 responded (although, not directly) to your comments about winning and success here: ( SC ODP News ) this morning at 11am (mostly the last paragraph) with an excellent post.

goal
goal
(and, by the way, I'm not sticking my tongue out at either of you)

G
kick off
kick off
G
Quote:

Since "most" people would see that as a reflection of success, then yes that's what most people are looking for, now your typical website trolling fanatic well maybe they want more?

Gotta give CESA credit where it is due. In SC they win when it counts. Now how much of that winning can be attributed to fact that they develop players or that they "gather" the best players from around the state is debateable amoungst those with better insight than me. All I am sure of is they are winning cups for the club season after season.

. Well said, Chief. Belligerant, you really need to get over your CESA grudge. Winning state does mean that they have better teams, and that's that. No, it is not an automatic indicator of player development, but I can assure you that they do everything they can to win, and this includes developing players. Furthermore, recruiting is NOT a bad thing. Its much like capitalism, in that the better more attractive product (team) gets better business (players), thus helping the team improve further. Futhermore, every club needs money, and this capital goes back into the club to help with player development. A better club team also gives its players better national exposure to higher level teams and colleges. By the way, what's with all the creepy avatars?

Last edited by goalstop; 12/14/10 12:07 AM.
goal
goal
Ok, I take back my last post (why do I even try to be nice?)

For the, I dunno, ninth time, I NEVER said recruiting WAS a bad thing. Why do you people keep repeating that? Is that a side-effect of the kool-aid, or something? If it was up to me, I would get rid of any rules against recruiting. I understand why the rules are there, but I just don't think it's a big enough deal to warrant them. Now, I wouldn't go so far as to say "recruiting is good," but I certainly don't believe it's bad. Do you need any further clarification of my stance on recruiting, goalstop, or is it locdog's turn now to blame me for someone else's statements?

I love your comment about cesa, though, that "they do everything they can to win," especially since I have witnessed this firsthand on numerous occasions; but I am happy to hear that this also "includes developing players." (sounds almost like an afterthought) But, before locdog has a stroke, I'm kidding about the developing players part; I'm sure that it is higher or at least equal in priority to the "do whatever it takes to win" mentality mentioned above.

What creepy avatars are you talking about?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard