I was actually in this same type of situation. I played at Riverside from 93-96. I was not in a rural town, but my junior and senior year, I tore knee ligaments each year and was prevented from playing any club soccer. I had mild ODP success but had a great junior year and won two state championships.

I came up with a soccer resume and highlight tape. My dad taped every game my junior year and we had them, and my resumes, professionally developed. I wound up with varying offers from UNC-Pembroke, USC-Spartanburg, Charleston Southern. I ultimately chose Lander University where I won a conference title and was on the team when we went to Nationals. We were ranked as high a #2 in D2. Those who know me know that I gave it up too early and I regret it now but that is another story for another thread.

I get tired of people who continually come across that "you have to play high level ODP, be on a regional winning club team, NEVER play high school, train relentlessly and be a 4.0 student". Obviously your choices will be greater if that describes you, but there are places for other players as well.