I think you pick your poison. My daughters were allstar cheerleaders where we paid $24.00/day to watch a 2 minute routine in different cities across the Southeast. I never did it hoping they would one day become Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. I would love to think it only cost me $5,000(uniforms, choreographers, makeup and private lessons).

I am discouraged that money prevents kids from playing soccer at any level. I wish that any kid that wanted to participate on the travel, ODP and academy teams could have the opportunity. In basketball Nike and Adidas foot the bill for the best players. If you look at the NCAA investigations taking place, football players expect to get paid early on. I think alot of times you are left with the people that can afford to be on these teams not the most talented. I also think money affects the diversity of soccer because most minorities don't understand paying to play when basketball and football are free.

Some of my best times have been alone with my son or with his friends traveling to and from soccer games/tournaments. As he gets older I am constantly reminded it is time I will never get back. Those times are priceless.