Quote:

Chase, no question such times are valuable but they can also pretty quickly turn into bordam for the teenage mind, no matter how talented he or she may or may not be.

I'm sure we can agree on the point that young people should have 'dreams'. 99% of the time dreams likely revolve around sports, music or some form of artistic expression such as dance. I believe the pursuit of dreams teach our kids how to earn and appreciate success while also teaching them how to grow from defeat . . . ultimately impacting all aspects of their lives. Can you imagine going through life without dreams?

Enjoying summer nights, fishing, driving around with your pals should be the precious moments, not the Majority of the moments. Committing oneself to achieve a better attitude, better performance or better result under the guidance of a quality coach through disciplined training and exercise will only build a better person.

The US is a very large piece of real estate and that means you often travel to climb the next mountain . . . to test yourself against the unknown. Have I been disappointed by poor attendance of collegiate coaches during events which cost serious dollars to get to on occasion? Absolutely. Having said that, the development has always been worth the investment. The cost of participating in the 'dream' is real and it varies depending on desire and commitment. The process should never be dumbed down because only a small percentage will achieve collegiate or professional status. There are different levels of achievement, just as there are different levels of expense associated with achievement.

The 'dream' provides the motivation to support the desire to repeatedly meet the commitment required to achieve the 'dream'. At the end of the day, it's all about working to reach for the next level.

On the issue of dollars, let's say you spend $5,000 per year on soccer. Ask yourself if your kid is worth 13.69 per day of your hard earned money. Then ask yourself how much money you'd be spending each day to support the local mall, restaurants, movie theatres (gotta see each movie twice when you have time on your hands) or towards that extra tank of gas he or she is going to burn up driving around. Any comparable 'dreams' be pursued spending the $5,000 that way?

Sure, $5,000 per year sounds expensive when you look at it as a line item, but what are 'dreams' really worth? Kind of hard for me to look at that one as a line item expense.

theres been some great critical arguments presented here & this ain't one of them, not buying one word of this.