While since I posted a shameless plug so here I go.

We are currently registering players (developmental aged 8-13) for spring season and just a few more days left if anyone is still looking for a soccer home.

Conitinued growth of our club and increased services have, as expected put a strain on our available resources (fields) and schedules. A very dry November and very cold winter has slowed germination and growth of the new grass on our new site at Caliber Park (Clements Ferry Rd) and so we have secured additional training sites for 2011 on Daniel Island and in Mount Pleasant. These sites will provide regional training options for our coaches and convenience to membership while we continue to play our home games out of Cainhoy School on Saturdays. Hopefully Caliber Park will be an available option later in the spring (if not season start).

Looking forward, our engineering firm installed grading and elevation stakes yesterday at our primary site on Cainhoy Road, and Berkeley County will continue its work on our site this week, installing silt fencing and delivering over 300 loads of dirt and topsoil for our 6 acre property. After a long wait on permits and approvals, we are, as I'm sure you can imagine very relieved to return to heavy construction at our future home scheduled to open and play this fall.

Steve Armstong (DOC) is back and has lined up several of his Battery teammates to help with technical training and player development, and our player (operating) fees remain static at $100 per season (including competition, ref fees, and training). We will be adding a number of new teams into LSYSA this spring and still have room for a few more players if anyone still needs a team.

Additional details and information at www.cainhoyathletic.com

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong