Start here... http://greenvillerec.com/athletics-and-sports/tournaments , then contact either the Greenville Convention and Visitor's Bureau (perhaps the guy in the video) or maybe the Sports Tourism Manager or maybe just an accountant to find out how $7 mill in tourism impacts the county taxpayers and how it may (or may not) justify the $1.5 mill investment. BTW, at the website I also noticed the county invested county dollars in an equestrian center, so maybe you can talk them into letting you and Sweet Feet holding the polo match there instead of MeSA.

"...I guess the real irony of the "no state cup" rule will be that the year it is implemented, 2011-2012, will be just in time to restrict the CESA teams from participating in the Southern Regionals held at CESA. Bummer...."

"...it would be ironic that given the new ECNL rule restricting ECNL teams from participating in State Cups the CESA teams participating in ECNL could be kept out of the most prestigious tournament the club has ever hosted...."

You're right. Way off. My mistake.

My understanding is all players on the CESA U-18 roster pay the same in club fees (registration, training, etc.), then depending on the events in which a player participates the team fees may vary. I believe my daughter will be playing both the premier and challenge schedules and probably 3 or 4 of the 5 tournaments. We have one team with a roster used as a pool for participation in a variety of events. I believe the basic monthly club fee is $133 and change and is standard for each player. It's the other team fees (tournament registrations, coach's travel expenses, etc.) where you start dividing by the number of players participating that fuels the variations.