Quote:

Quote:

All you need do is look at the rosters for Wofford, Furman, CofC, Coastal, USC, Clemson, Lander... to see that all of these schools recruit nationally and internationally. If you think that the chances of any of them recruiting a SC kid who played only Classic or Challenge (with minimal to zero wider experience) is more than marginally north of 0, you're mistaken. No speculation necessary.

The fact that you have brought up national and international recruiting, begs the question that perhaps the local players are simply not good enough -- despite the participation in events you allude to.

More to follow - I have exceeded my quota for the day, week!

And this is were I see the problem (which is maybe for another thread). I have had coaches flat out tell me that a player (yes, in most cases but not all, my son) was put on the lower team because HE (I've said it before, the girls game is a different monster) was smaller. These coaches have admitted that the two or so players are better technically than those that made the team, it was there size. This has happened from u11-u15. So they have already been pigeon-holed and we all know that in most cases size eventually equals out. In fact, my son came home from school last week, he is a freshman, and said he heard the coach was only looking at freshman player x and freshman player y because they play premier. True or not, that's what the players are thinking. Maybe SC players aren't good enough because many of the coaches think they can make players out of some of the bigger, faster (and many many times) less dedicated players.

To tell the truth, I could give example after example where in my sons age group( because I have seen them all play for years) where the all the smaller players are moved down and it doesn't matter if they are better soccer players, even if they demonstrate so in games.

I will also say that we are at CESA because 1) it is the most convenient and 2) my son's friends are there and he doesn't want to leave. He already goes to a high school that he is not zoned for, thus "losing" many friends.