The whole question revolves around the fact that clubs exist becasue people with money are willing to pay to see thier kids win, I mean grow as players.
Without the paying base there is no club, and if clubs can field very good teams with all paying players then why would they give away for free what they can get paid for. Sure they run lower cost rec programs and broaden the base that way, but as you move up the scale in level of play you move up in income potential.
For example I know one club where the season dues for premier are about $500 higher then the next lower level. They practice on average once a week more than the next lower level. Are the cost for the club for that team to play at the higher level that much higher or are parents just paying for "better" coaching because they play at a "higher" level?
CESA is no different than most other clubs they exist to make money by providing a product. Soccer parents exist without clubs, Clubs do not exist without soccer parents!

I would provide this observation- Discoveries won a national championship with about as many minorities on one team as I remember seeing play at the upper level here in SC. Anyone think they went looking for all those players or was it a matter of they were what the local club had to work with?